Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Sunday!!

What a nice weekend!! This has been on the most low-key weekends we've had in loooonnnggg time.. Friday night was the busiest, but it only held soccer practice and then a little 87th birthday celebration for Papa at the nursing home. It was nice to see him and the family - and Bennett brought plenty of smiles and entertainment, as usual :)


Yesterday morning Bennett, mom, Angie and I met at the mall and shopped for a few hours. The sales weren't that great, but I did manage to score 2 CUTE sweaters and a top. Did you know that I love bargains? No? Well, I DO!!


Bennett went home with my mom - they have both been talking about how they have missed each other, so they needed a little time... I was at a loss for what to do with the rest of the day! Brad was home, but on call, so that means that we sit around and wait for the pager to go off. We don't go anywhere that we can't leave at a second's notice. We would never dream of trying a movie or a nice dinner. We don't even go any where in the same car together unless we are within 5 minutes of the house. So, we did stuff around here! Brad fixed my paper shredder and shredded the last of a big batch of papers I'd been trying to shred when the poor machine just quit. (You know that problem I have with not letting things go? Well, it carries over into bills, receipts, etc. and I am slowly but surely purging the closets of years of old papers!) Anyway, I did laundry, vacuumed, straightened the house, etc.


Last night we watched some Season 3 episodes of The Office on DVD. I LOVE that show. We both laughed out loud throughout the whole thing! It has been a long time since we have watched anything on TV together, and it was really nice. You know what? The pager never went off!! What a blessing :)


This morning we went to church, then to Zaxby's for lunch. Bennett has a friend over, so the house is filled with the sounds of little boy noises. I love it! Brad is at work, just checking on things for tomorrow and I am catching up on the blog! Another nice day!


I found out last week that I have been 'tagged'. This is all new to me, but here's the deal :) Lisa tagged me with this:

So here's what I have to do. First, thanks Lisa! I love your blog too :) Check out Lisa's blog here: wellhownice

I am supposed to tag 7 other people, but after much research I have found out that everyone I know that has a blog as already been tagged... Shelley, Katie, Virginia, Lisa, Monique, Brittney. And I woudn't dare tag someone like Cathy Z or Ali... I mean, they are celebrities :) So, check out their blogs - they are all scrapbookers that TOTALLY inspire me.

So, if you are one of the few people that check out my blog (that aren't on the list above!!) check out their blogs. They rock :) Thanks for the tag, Lisa!!
Now I am off to upload pictures to Shutterfly! 15 cent prints and a free shipping coupon are calling my name!!

1 comment:

Shelley Burkett said...

I've been tagged, too - still haven't done it, though. So, thanks for the reminder.

Hey - tell Brad that I left your Hillsongs CDs (and John Larson's CD) in my little cubby-hole thingy at work, because I'm never there when he is there, lol, and he can just pick them up when he's there next.

Dude - am I ever going to see you again?

I'm gonna sign up for GS 102, so I'll see you over there :)