Saturday, August 23, 2008

thoughts on marriage

from a 5 year old:

Bennett: Mommy, why do people have to get married?
Me: Well, they get married when they find the person that God wants them to spend the rest of their life with.
Bennett: Oh (like he's disappointed). But I don't want to get married.
Me: Well, you don't have to. Some people don't get married... Why don't you want to get married?
Bennett: I just want to get a job and buy stuff. I want to buy whatever I want to buy (emphasis on the I).
Me: speechless. Ok, let's just brush our teeth.

I wonder if there is something Brad wants to buy... they have been spending a lot of time together while I've been at the scrapbook store... ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no...i've been a good daddy (besides the Edgar's cookie for breakfast). brad:)