Wednesday, August 6, 2008

'Twas the night before kindergarten

and here in my house
both the boys (& the dog!!) are asleep
I hope there's no mouse :)

Ok, so we had a GREAT day today! Bennett and I did some - ok, a LOT - of retail therapy today. Target, Staples, Build-a-Bear, Belk's... good times. Meet the teacher was great - his teacher is going to be wonderful, I think. Just the right combination of laid back and in charge. I think Bennett will really thrive in her room.

She spoke to us for about 20 minutes, then said we could just visit in the room and look, play, etc. Bennett took off. He found his hook for his bag, his seat, his cubby, the reading corner, the manipulatives, and of course, my nightmare, the bird's nest and bird puppets. Of course!! :)  He wanted to stay the whole hour and we did. I loved watching him so excited. 

It was good for my heart :)
Here he is at his seat - he has a friend from pre-school sitting right across from him.

Build-a-Bear was AWESOME!  We had so much fun - of course, it was way too expensive, but we got to bring home 'Jack' the puppy, complete with a little dog he can hold in his mouth (named Teddy), and Tae Kwon Do uniform with green belt!!! Just seeing the excitement in Bennett made it all worth it. 

So, now I'm filling out paperwork, watching So You Think You Can Dance... VOTE FOR TWITCH!!, and doing ok with the first day of school tomorrow. Not sure how I'll be in the morning, but right now, I'm ok. Now that's something to be thankful for!

PS I have other pictures, but the mac is not letting me rotate them... oh well. I did take pictures :)

1 comment:

Just call me "B" said...

Amy! You are so "me".

I spent today (well, I did go work at the store a little bit!) doing a few things with the boys.

We went to Staples and Target so they could pick out a few cool things, and then we went to the eat lunch with Dad! The last day of Summer for all 4 of us!

Good Luck in the morning! If you want to come hang with me, I am going to the store to "take my mind off things!"