Sunday, July 13, 2008

Let the beach fun begin!!

Guess where we are today??  Sandestin!!  Ahhh. We have been looking forward to this week for so long - and then it sort of snuck (is that a real word??) up on us and it was time to leave...

Bennett was so excited this morning - we were supposed to leave this morning at 9, but at 8:15 Brad came up from the basement and told me that Bennett had been in the car waiting for about 20 minutes :)  So, I hurried up a bit and we left a little earlier than we had planned - at least I was ready!!  
As traveled we listened to our new Magic Treehouse CD's (books 9-16). Do your kids like these books?  We LOVE them. The DVD was on for only 20 minutes of the entire trip - that is amazing!  Anyway, as we got to the first bridge he squealed 'We're here!! We made it to the beach!!!' It is so cute to see him so excited :) And when we pulled into the parking lot I said 'We're here!' and Bennett responded 'Party up in here!!', just like his Gigi taught him :) That's gotta make an aunt proud!!

Since our arrival, it has rained more than it hasn't, but that's ok! The boys went swimming for a little while and I did the grocery shopping. We should be all stocked up for a few days, at least :)  We ate dinner at Graffiti's and then came back here to relax and settle in.

As I was putting Bennett to bed, he noticed the smoke detector lights and asked me what it was. I explained, which ended up being big mistake because he then proceeded to obsess about smoke and how scared he was and what would happen to his 'guys' (his stuffed animals) and 'was that a fire truck coming now? I think it is mommy! Will you sleep with me tonight? Will you come and get me if there is a fire? Do you think we would meet Firehouse Dog? I'm really scared - I can't think of anything else but the smoke.'  Ah. If only I could figure out a 5 year old boy's mind... I'm not sure I could handle it!!

Ok, I'm off to read some of 'Escape' - it is good! Weird and creepy sort of, but good!  Tomorrow we'll be off to the beach, the pool, and who knows what else! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Shelley Burkett said...

Have a GREAT week, my friends :)

Bennett is too funny - sitting in the car, waiting on you to get ready. I can just see him, lol. I remember being that excited as a kid. We'd get up before sunrise, still in our pj's, not really even awake yet, and sleep the whole way. Gosh, vacations were great as a kid. Wish they were still that way now, instead of the huge workload that they've become, lol.

Talk to you when you/we get back :)