Monday, September 8, 2008

We all survived!

Things are good here at our house - Brad made it back from Key West (late, but still made it back!!). We are so glad to have him back, although he is on call tonight, so that's a bummer. Tomorrow he should be home, though, which we are all looking forward to!

Bennett's tournament was ok. I got excited for a minute when there were only 3 kids there, but alas, 2 more came, so the competition was on :) He did his absolute best - I mean, he nailed his routine. As I expected, though, he just wasn't up to competition standards with a few of the bigger kids. He got 4th place, I think, and he got his t-shirt, which was good. He got a little upset when we got in the car, but my mom and I just kept telling him how proud we were of him; how he did his best, and that was so great.  He said 'I know. I'm proud of myself too!' :) He wore his uniform for the rest of the day, so I think he handled it just fine!

Thanks to everyone who asked me about it - Everyone has told me that it is good for kids to compete and learn about failure. I totally agree, it's just that my irrational-mommy-ness kicked in for a while (it tends to do that a lot!!) and I freaked. All better now :) until next time...

This week is crazy busy for me - Bible Study started today and it is going to be great! We have over 20 ladies and we are going to study Priscilla Shirer's 'Can We Talk?'.  I am really looking forward to the accountability and fellowship that this group offers. I'm so thankful to have them!

Tomorrow night is bookclub and it is going to be great! Angie is hosting and we are going to discuss 'My Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult. Should be some great discussion!! (and really good food!!)

The consignment sale starts on Friday, with presale shopping on Thursday. I have all of Bennett's clothes tagged and ready to go - now I just have to buckle down and get the toys done. That big toy clean-out we did in July awaits me. That is on the docket for tomorrow. Along with a Room Mother meeting and my first PTO Board meeting... I even got my own 'real' nametag!! Do you think I'm a sucker?? :)

So, I'll be working at the consignment sale Thursday night, most of the day on Friday, and Saturday morning at the cash registers. Want to check out the sale? It is called Giggles and Grace and it's at Asbury UMC (at 119 and 280). It is going to be so great!! I'm excited (and ready for it to be over :) Part of me enjoys the busy-ness of this week, and part of me is feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I'll let you know how it goes (and in the midst of all of this, I have to fit in time to read 'New Moon'!!)

Time to take Bennett to Tae Kwon Do - just a class today, so I don't have to get too anxious :)  And, more time to read!! 




1 comment:

lucysinspired said...

My Sisters Keeper is one of my all time favorite books! I am hooked on Jodi Picoult, now! I read Perfect Match this weekend. It is a tear jerker!