Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life goes on...

So, I have finally finished Breaking Dawn...
I am not exaggerating when I say that the 4 books of this series have overtaken my life for the past 2 weeks.  Seriously. I have done nothing but think about these books and their characters - Bella, Edward, Jacob, Charlie, Carlisle, the whole gang. I even had to lock the book in my car last Thursday so that I could get some things done around the house :)  I brought the books with me wherever I went (yes, even to the gym. on the machines. in the car. at stoplights. in carpool (did I ignore your call? I was probably reading!!!)

Anyway, now I am finding my way back into my real life. I have time, once again, to scrapbook. To watch TV. To clean the house. To have a conversation... Yes, I know that you think that I am crazy. Unless you have read the books. Then I think you might understand!!

Now I just get to look forward to the movie coming out in November. Of course, I will be there. But, I am prepared to be disappointed. I'm not sure anything can come close to the books.

So, since my life has continued to move along, I am happy to report that Bennett's soccer game was great this weekend. I was there to watch, so I didn't have the mommy-guilt that was a result of the consignment sale last weekend. He played great, but began crying about various things after the half-time break, so we were all at our wit's end by the end of the game. I'm still not sure why he was crying - but Chick-fil-a seemed to make it all better (for me and for him!).

Tonight I led the kindergarten choir (for the 2nd time ever) and we seemed to do ok. The kids seem to be getting the songs really quickly, which is good! I have to admit that I am having a really good time with them - I wasn't sure that I was cut out to lead a children's choir, but so far no one has gotten hurt or yelled at, so I'm counting that as a success!! 

I had my 3rd session with my personal trainer on Friday. She told my work-out partner and I that we needed to work out more. We aren't supposed to take the whole weekend off, as we have been doing. I thought I was doing well by getting up there 4 days a week. That's better than none right? It's even better than 3, which was my old goal. I bet she wouldn't like all of the chocolate oatmeal chipper cookies that I ate tonight. Or the DQ we had on Friday night :) That's a whole other post, though, isn't it?

I'm praying tonight. I'm praying for a good week. I'm praying for a renewed spirit. I'm praying for patience. I'm praying for a sense of purpose and direction. I'm praying for strength. I'm also praying with thanksgiving for all that He has given me. It's really more than I could have imagined and certainly more than I deserve. Would it be wrong to pray for another Bella and Edward book? Probably not :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Amen!! (that was for Edward and Bella)

Katie Burnett said...

So glad you finished it! Wasn't it the best one? I mean SPOILER ALERT** I just thought it was so neat reading about her as a newborn vamp. And the whole Renesmee thing totally suprized me. I was so not expecting it.

gimmegodiva said...

We are right there with you!! I would go to car pool line early sometimes just to read!!!!
I {heart} Edward!!