Monday, August 18, 2008

A little boy's prayers

Bennett has been very concerned about natural disasters recently and we have prayed about them every night. In fact, he has even added sand storms to his list. I don't think they are prevalent in Alabama, but it never hurts to cover all the bases,right? 

Tonight he prayed: 

'Dear Lord, Please don't let us have any twisters, sand storms, earthquakes, fires, or (whispers...what did I forget mommy?? Did I say tornado? Oh yeah, that's a twister)... And Lord, if we do have to have those, please let them be down at the bottom of the hill (pointing to the front of the house, to the bottom of our big hill). Especially the earth quake. Just let that be at the bottom of the hill. And keep us safe in all of those things if we have to have them. Amen.'

I know God heard that prayer. And I bet He smiled just like I did :) I love that kid!!

2 comments:

Shelley Burkett said...

What a sweetheart :)

I've got to tell you about my niece's prayer the night before her first day of school. Her big sister, of course, prayed that she'd have a great school year, that she'd learn alot, and make lots of friends.... Well, my little 5-year old niece, Mary Elizabeth, simply prayed, "Lord, help me to look good....." to which my sister said, "Everything goes ok if you look good, huh..." How funny is that?

Creating Memories said...

You have got to love the innocence and rationalizing that goes through their minds!