Friday, November 21, 2008

You win some and you lose some.

And tonight, I lost $10.25 and 2 hours of my life on a terrible movie. A movie that I had waited for for quite a while. A movie whose books were the best I've read in a long long time. Maybe ever. Books that made me ignore my household duties and sometimes even my child. Twilight.

Now, I know that some have said that the movie was great. I've even heard some say that they want to watch it upwards of 6 times in the next day or 2. Not me. I have to be honest. 

They left out SO much. And yes, I know that they had to leave some stuff out - it was a long book. But why did they add junk - like a field trip and the diner. They left out so much of the personal stuff between Bella and her high school friends. They moved to quick into the Bella/Edward love story. Just not right.

And the 'special' effects?? Come on. The 'spider-monkey'? The spinning legs? The 'flying' through the air? The sparkly skin? He just looked furry. And that wasn't what the Cullens' house looked like. Or Charlie's. Or the high school. And since when was Forks the epitome of cultural diversity? I never knew. 

I'm going to re-read the book now. It's late, but I have to try to get back some of what they ruined. Not that I'll ever get that $10.25 back. Or that 2 hours of my life. Just read the book - and be happy with your imagination. That's my advice. And that's free :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh amy...I'm so sorry...to think you could have been scrappin'!!!

:-)
Laci

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I was so excited about the movie. I was going by myself so no one will disturb me. Surely there are some redeeming parts. I guess "Edward" is handsome enough to look at. We missed you last night at SE.

Katie Burnett said...

Amen Amy. I forgot to mention the spider monkey comment. That was unforgiveable. Also, the cultural diversity of Forks HS. Not to mention that a school that has like 25 students offers BIOCHEM classes. I mean, I went to a very large, academically rich HS and we only had AP Physics.