Monday, June 25, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 25

June 17-23, 2012

This week started with Father's Day...
 I made Brad a cake (his request) and Bennett wanted to do the sprinkles. Needless to say, there were a few 'words' about that sprinkle job. 
And I'll never let him near my cake again :)

 Luckily, Brad still liked it. and it still tasted good :)

We celebrated lunch at Kobe, and sadly, Brad got called into work so he missed it.
 Evie enjoyed sitting by Bennett. I just love the way she looks at him :)

And we celebrated Father's Day with Pa and Bubba. 
Brad got home in the afternoon and we got to have his requested dinner of homemade chicken salad, corn, and cake :) We are lucky to be surrounded by so many good dads!

During the week, Bennett went to Latin camp and cartooning camp. 
He really loved both camps (although he didn't admit to loving Latin until the last day :) 
Here he is drawing a cartoon after the first class. He was so excited about his hero and villain, that he spent the ENTIRE afternoon creating. I love it!

On Saturday we invited the family over for dinner and Bennett was in charge of creating the menu in Latin...
He did a great job looking everything up and had a little guessing game at the beginning of dinner to see who could guess what we were having. Oh, and he made place cards too... do you see that mine has a muscle man on it? Interesting :)

It was a great week and I was super thankful for the opportunities that Bennett had this week to grow and stretch his mind. Since we are starting at a new school next year, he is going to be a bit behind in Latin (they started it in 3rd grade) but his teacher told me that she was going to have a great time with Bennett and that he was going to be fine. I know that I'm his mom, so I am definitely biased, but his mind just amazes me! He learned all of those Latin words (several pages of them!) in just days. He learned the conjugations and whatever else was taught to him (I am outta my league when it comes to Latin!) 
Simply amazing. 


1 comment:

Angie said...

That is the CRAZIEST sprinkle job I have ever seen! But he made up for it by the end of the week with the Latin menu. :)