Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 21 (part3)


May 23
The last day. Sniff. Sniff.
I'm not normally sad about summer coming, but this 'last day' was a rite of passage. The last day at the elementary school. The last day at a great school that has taken such good care of us. US. Not just Bennett (although they have done an extra special job with him!), but me too. I've made friends there, learned to shelve books and laminate like a pro, learned how to be a 'room mom' {which is sorta my dream job...gasp}, and had so much fun. I'd like to think that I did a little good there along the way too :)

Anyway, here are the 'last day of third grade' pictures (& some first day of Kindergarten pictures because I like walks down memory lane. And getting all sappy :)

 Last day of 3rd grade. It was 'bring-a-game-day'. He won't let me pick his clothes out any more. He's got big-people teeth. He's tall. Really tall. He's so smart. He's absolutely the most handsome-est boy I know.

First day of Kindergarten. He didn't have a backpack, because that wasn't allowed. He let me pick out his clothes (that outfit was ADORABLE!!). He hadn't lost any teeth yet. He was so little (at least looking back!!). He was already so smart. And he was really adorable. So adorable!

Going into school for the last time. He still waved :)
I cried.

 Going into school for the first time. 
I cried. I mean, I sobbed.

At least on the last day, I only cried a little. And, I am happy to report that the tears were for totally different reasons. On the first day I cried (all day!) because I was so afraid that they wouldn't take good care of my baby. On the last day, however, I cried because they DID take such good care of him. We have been so blessed.

Ok, and 2 more pictures.
I checked him out after bringing a treat to the class on the last day. (Don't worry - it was late in the afternoon. He didn't miss anything :)

 Here he is on the bench in front of the school. 

 And here he is on that same bench on the day we registered for Kindergarten
 (in April of 2008)

Wow! Life sure can rush by, can't it? I'm so glad that I'm taking pictures along the way. My memory can sometimes be fuzzy, but these pictures bring me back instantly.

My little boy is really not so little any more. And you know what? That's really ok. It's all part of being a mom, right? I'm growing right alongside him, each step of the way. Although it seems that sometimes my heart breaks just a little. 
But then I am greeted with a hug or a 'hey mom' or a 'look at this cool something-or-another' and my heart is mended.
Being a mom is such a wonderful journey.

Bring on the summer fun!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sniffle. So cute.