Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 21 (part two)

May 22
Class party day!!

As room mom, I was charged with the task of planning the class party. Since I'm not really a big party girl, myself, we went the low-key route. And guess what? We had a blast!
The party involved chicken nuggets, chips, juice boxes, Popsicles, free play and water balloons. Oh, the water balloons!!

He paused for a second to let me hug him :)

These water balloon pictures crack me up! I just kept clicking and got the best faces!
 Good poses too. This looks like a bowling pose to me.




 Oops. He's a little wet :)
I couldn't believe it, but the kids actually played 'pass the water balloon' without just pelting each other! What a good class!
Oh, and one of the boys in the class declared 'This is the best party EVER!' so I guess it was a good time :)


That afternoon I took a few pictures of Bennett coming out in carpool. Turns out, it was the last afternoon carpool for us. 
I've been wanting to take these pictures for a while now. 
Here's the deal. 
I'm always (ALWAYS) in the first 3 or 4 cars. He knows it. He expects it. But he always looks and makes sure. Then he patiently waits for permission to come to the car. They always tell him he can go, but he will NOT go before they tell him. Wonder where he gets his love of rules from? :)
He's always so happy coming to the car. Usually he's got a smile on his face and he's talking to himself about something funny that happened during the day. Sometimes, by the time he gets to the car, he's just out-right laughing. 
I love him!
Here he is looking to make sure (I think) that it's really me :) 

Here's when I say 'Hey handsome!' and he replies 'Hey mom.'. Then I proceed to ask how the day was. Sometimes he tells who got in trouble (never him, by the way. Not once this whole year :) 
Other times I have to ask more detailed questions to get information. Sometimes I just get something about too much homework or how fun GRC was.
But picking him up from school is always a thrill!


Ok, part 3 coming right up...



No comments: