Friday, June 22, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 24

June 10-16, 2012

This week was an 'off' week. We didn't have anything special planned, which was really nice. At first, at least :)  I quickly realized that Bennett needs to be occupied. Now, I did know this before, but I guess that because I was looking forward to some down-time, I thought that he would too... but he'd really rather have things to do. If he doesn't, he'll want to watch TV. And if you let him watch one show, he'll want another. And then after the other show, he'll want a snack. And then... well, you get the idea, right? Oh, and I should mention that he always wants me to watch with him. 

Anyway, we've got a system for 'plugged in' time with 2 hour limit each day (which sounds like a lot when I write it, but 2 hours go by so fast!) Anyway, last summer we started a system of reading for minutes and it worked great. He gets a minute of TV time for each minute that he reads. Works like a charm!
In fact, when we went to get his reading log stamped at the library for the first time, the librarian asked if he had 'really' read all of that (over 600 pages :)  Of course, Bennett, who is probably the most honest kid I know, responded 'yes.' and that was it :)

Anyway, he asked to go to McWane, so we headed there on Tuesday before picking Nana up from the airport.  We had a great time...
 The bed of nails
(he said that it really did kinda hurt. Kinda. Ha!)

 Water is ALWAYS a big draw.

And, although this picture is terrible, I have to post it because we FINALLY built the bridge! We've tried this so many times in the past, but this time we got it (with a little help from the teen volunteer ;)

Bennett loved trying all of the experiments that they had (and they really had quite a few this time!) And once or twice I think that I caught him actually pausing to read the explanations about the experiments. We're gettin' there!


No comments: