Friday, December 26, 2008

How can it be? and more pictures :)

How can it be that Christmas was yesterday? Over? Gone? There is always a little sadness for me when it is over. I look forward to it for over a month, love the decorations, the cards, the shopping, the surprises for other. The days are wonderful and the memories are great.  I love everything about Christmas, and it makes me sad that it doesn't last longer. But, as they tell Elmo in 'Elmo Saves Christmas' - "Everyday can't be Christmas, That wouldn't be such a treat." :)

So, now that Christmas is over, I am enjoying all of our new loot. Sure, the house still looks like a tornado ripped through at 5:45 AM yesterday. But that's ok, right?  

I'm still taking pictures. I figure that it's December Daily pictures, and December still has 5 more days. So, for December 23 I bring you a picture of a cake that I made. For some reason, when we were standing in Williams Sonoma a few months ago, I told my mom that I would be happy to decorate this cake for Christmas Eve... So, while it's not my best work (and it did fall apart about 10 minutes after I took this), it still tasted good :)

December 24 - We spent the morning at mom's, had lunch at noon, opened 5 presents each (Bennett wanted to open them all :), visited with Brad's family, went to church at 4, waved to Santa on a fire truck in the rain, left Santa's cookies and milk and the reindeer dust, read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas', and forgot to pose for the hang-the-stocking picture. Bennett was asleep before 8, and I feel asleep with him for a bit, which made for a hurried rest of the evening :) Here's a picture of the 3 of us in our traditional Christmas Eve pose...
December 25 - Bennett actually slept in according to past Christmas-morning standards... I heard him up at 5:15, and we were in the living room 5:45 taking it all in. It always amazes me how Bennett reacts to seeing Santa's gifts. He just stands and stares at it all for the first 45 seconds or so. So cute :)  Here he is yesterday just looking. The first gift he picked up? The Star Wars the Clone Wars DVD. Don't worry - it didn't take long for him to dig in!!
December 26- Today is our shopping day! Angie, mom and I met at Target at 8, then went to World Market, Wrapsody, Pet Smart, Village Gifts, and Hobby Lobby. I bought all of my wrapping paper, bows, tags, and many gifts for teachers and gift swaps next year. So much fun!!


Tonight Angie and Gavin came over and Brad cooked us dinner. We played the Wii and had a great time. So, I guess that we are still celebrating Christmas! I am so blessed to have such a great and fun family!


No comments: