Saturday, December 8, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 42

October 14 - 20

Home! I'm staying home for a while! :) I love being home!!

On the 17th we enjoyed a nice dinner outside at Shane's. We love that place!
Did I mention that Bennett got a nice black eye?
It happened on the 12th at a friend's birthday party. Apparently the boys decided to play a little game of tackle football while waiting to pick up the sister of the birthday boy. No helmets, of course! My friend (the mom) felt terrible. Bennett got lots of attention with it, though, so I think it turned out to not be such a bad thing :) This picture doesn't really even do it justice. It was really a doozie!!

On the 19th we celebrated Mooma's birthday (a week early).
Bennett did a great job decorating her cake! Remember the other cake disaster?? 
Well, this one was a success, don't you think??!!
 We had a wonderful evening celebrating Brad's mom. She is a wonderful mom and Mooma! We are so blessed to have her so close by!

On Saturday the 20th we had another flag football game!!
I have to admit - I still have NO idea what is going on in these games :)
But I do know to cheer when Bennett crosses the end zone!!
(But I just had to ask Brad what it was called... is it an in-zone?? No, he says 'END zone'. Oh, I say. One word? Nope, he says. Two. HA!)
Here Bennett is celebrating a touchdown!! I love it when he gets to be in on the action!! He is so happy!
We were too! 
Oh, and I am a sucker for the huddles. Oh, those boys are so sweet. 
I know that they wouldn't want me to say that. But, I mean, come on. Look at that. I know that they are talking about how to crush the opponent. But from the sidelines, where the mom is sitting, that looks like something really sweet is going on, doesn't it :)

AND... after the game Pa and Brad took Bennett to the shooting range.
I said 'no' for long enough, I guess.
It is no secret that I don't like guns. It's kinda strange that I don't like them, since making bullets in the basement with dad when I was growing up is a very fond childhood memory, but anyway... I just don't. And do I want my baby child shooting a gun? Well, no.
But, Pa promised me that he would only bring the little guns, so I didn't say no.
And then I made them promise to bring me a picture :)
At least I could document it, right?
They also brought the targets with the bullet holes. 
I think next time I might go and show them how mama can hit the bullseye.
Oh wait. I don't like guns. ;)

No comments: