Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 39

September 23-29

On the 21st I went to South Carolina to attend a photography conference, leaving the boys to a fun-filled boys-only weekend. I'm not sure what they did, but I know that they had a great time :)

On the 23rd, while I was in the middle of a photo-editing class, I was clutching my phone anxiously awaiting minute-by-minute updates from Bennett's baseball game. You see, it was rumored that he was going to pitch his first-ever game. 
I got the first text. 
He's in! He's pitching!



 And I was hundreds of miles away. 
My eyes filled with tears and my heart broke just a little knowing that I was missing such a big moment in his life. 
The texts kept coming - all good news about how great he was doing. Strike outs. Some walks. He didn't hit any one :)
And I was so proud. (and I was trying to pay attention to the class I was in!!)
What a great moment - and I'm so thankful to Brad for taking the pictures for me! 

I got home late Sunday night from South Carolina and turned right back around and left on Friday the 28th for Chicago!! Wow! 
I was lucky to be asked to go to a Children's Ministry Conference with our church - how could I say no??

The conference started Friday night with...
BETH MOORE!!! Can you believe it?!?!  Look how close we were :) 
Every time I've been lucky enough to hear Beth speak, she has been so inspiring - and this time was no different! So wonderful!

We took a little time off one day to go into Chicago to see the sights... so fun!! 

 We even travelled in style... horse-drawn carriage tour. Can you tell it was a little windy?  The conference was great - it filled my mind with all kinds of great ideas and things to try. 

I had a great time with the girls from church, but I sure did miss my boys! By the end of this second weekend, Bennett was really ready for me to come home - and I was ready to be home too! For the first weekend, I think the boys were enjoying all the freedom that they have when mommy is out of town - I can only imagine what goes on while I'm gone! Thankfully, they (at least pretended) wanted me to come back home!
Home, sweet, home!


No comments: