Thursday, April 5, 2012

Project Life 2012 Week 9


February 27 was a big day! Not only did we celebrate Nana's birthday (well, we had the big celebration on Sunday, but she came over on the real day to celebrate too!) but we also had Bennett's Blue Bird Choir concert! He had been practicing for SO long and I couldn't wait to see it all come together!

The theme was 'America' and they sang wonderful songs about our great country. Bennett even had a speaking part in 'Step in Time' which was about all of the branches of our military. He did a great job and didn't speak too quickly :)

The best thing for me was seeing him all dressed up in his tuxedo shirt, bow tie, and cumberbund! 

 Here he is getting all suited up... 

 Here is a 'please smile for me. please. please' smile...

 Can you tell that he's thrilled? Tonight I learned the Bennett LOVES cumberbunds and bow ties ;)

 Oh, but he's so handsome!

Ok, so I didn't get a 'real' Bennett smile tonight. But I did get a glimpse into the future and my heart swelled and skipped a few beats. Wow. He's so cute! Some girl is going to be so lucky to get him one day! (I'm already praying for his future wife - did you know that?)

Ok, so back to the Blue Bird Program! The program was super and I was so proud of all of the hard work that all of the kids (and his teacher!!) did. It was obvious that they prepared AND they also had a good time. I do have to note, however, that Bennett pretty much looked like he was mortified to be on the stage the whole night. And I'm pretty sure that he wasn't nervous. He just didn't like the whole 'dressed-up' attire. I don't think that anyone other than his mommy would have noticed, thankfully :)

So maybe his prom date will be ok with him going casual... maybe? 

2 comments:

Angie said...

Aww! He IS so handsome! I like the first one, where his teacher is getting him all fixed up.

Angie said...

Time for an UPDATE!!! Come on!