Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Resolve much?

I've finally dug the family out from under the Christmas decor, gotten Bennett back to school, and gotten back to working out. My DT layouts are at the store, I've had a meeting about Giggles and Grace, and tonight church dinners start back. I'm getting 2009 going, I think.

The time after Christmas is always a really tough time for me. I look so forward to the holidays that when it is over there is a sort of depression that sets in. Strange, I know, but it happens every year. It's been a little better this year, I think. A little :)

Brad, in his normal stir-crazy fashion, started cleaning the basement when I was putting away the decorations. Then, as we got ready for supper club at our house on Saturday, he continued the frenzy upstairs. At one point, I came home to find him vacuuming under the couch! Not sure when that last happened!! Needless to say, there was a lot being sucked up in the ole Dyson... Now, you can not only eat off of the floor under the couch, but you can also walk around in the basement without breaking your neck or losing a shoe!

Ok, so after the house was clean and Brad went back to work, Bennett and I hung out for one last day (by inviting a friend over for Bennett to play with!!) and I got some scrapbooking done (please note - next area up for renovation = scrap room!! I can't even walk in there!!)  I also began to really think about what I want for 2009. I've tried resolutions, and they really don't work well for me. I always try for a while but new habits are hard to form (and old ones are hard to break!!) 

So, with a lot of thinking, and thanks to Ali's 'one word' concept, I'm going with a word for 2009. And that word is 'intentional'. I'm going to be intentional this year.  I tend to waste a lot of time, just fiddly-fartin' around (that's the technical term, in case you were wondering) and I get a lot of nothing done. This has gotten really bad since Bennett has started school. I mean, I get done what I have to, but not too much else... anyone else? Ok, maybe it's just me.

So, here are the things that I intend to be intentional about :)
1. Steeping myself in God's word. I'm going to follow our church's Bible Reading Plan.
2. I'm going to spend more time talking with God.
3. I'm going to be intentional about what I watch on TV.
4. I'm going to be intentional about how much time I spend on the internet...
5. I'm going to be intentional about spending more time at home while Bennett's at home. I want to have one day a week where I stay home (the gym is the only exception...)
6. I'm going to be intentional about my scrapbooking. I'm going to get my room in order and be up there and be creative more.
7. I'm going to be more intentional about my time with Bennett. I'm going to make sure that the time we spend together isn't just in front of the TV or in the car. He's starting to read and he's such an amazing kid. I want to savor every moment that he'll spend with me :)
8. I want to be more intentional with my time with Brad. '08 was a great year for us and I want to make sure that '09 is even better!
9. I want to be intentional about keeping things organized. 

Ok, I wanted to do 10, but 9's all I've got. That's ok, right? 9 for 2009...

Oh, I also give you permission to ask me how I'm doing. I need all the accountability I can get :)

No comments: