Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 36

September 2 - 8

Wow! September is here! How can that be???!?!?!? 
Summer is over and Fall is on the way... and oddly enough, the weather is even turning a little cooler. I swear, it never turns cool here until at least October, right? Bonus!

This week we started off with a Labor Day celebration (lunch, swimming, and general hanging out) at Gigi and Bubba's house.
The water was waaaay to cold for the girls...
but Bennett was determined to get in (just a bit slower than he usually does :)

Brad was a good sport and hopped in too.
They actually ended up catching a few football/diving board combos.

Do you think this will help with Saturday's football game??

On Wednesday, the 5th, we took our consignment stuff to G&G. I've said it for the past few sales, but I really think this is our last sale.
We consigned most of Bennett's winter clothes since he'll be wearing a uniform to school this year and he did a good job cleaning out his toys and costumes. Of course, he is motivated to clean out because I let him have the money that we earn for his toys :)
As we were working together tagging and pricing Bennett said 'You know, this kinda makes me feel grown up. Getting rid of these toys I don't play with any more.' 
I paused and said 'Yup, you are growing up. I kinda wish you'd stop it' or something equally mommy-like. It was one of those stop-me-in-my-tracks-and-pay-attention-moments. Do you ever have those? 
~~~~~
Oh, if he only knew how grown up he is... 
As his mom, I'm keenly aware of every moment of his growing up. 
Every. Single. Moment.
It is flying by right before my eyes. 

Saturday, the 8th
10 AM
1st football game
in the rain!!!!

As we pulled into the parking lot, a few drops began to fall. 'Oh', I thought, 'I wonder if they'll call the game.' Little did I know - flag football pauses for NOTHING! Not even pouring rain!!! 
This picture was taken before the game... we all (Brad and I, and all the grandparents) watched the first half of the game from under a little shelter while the rain poured down.
What a blessed little boy! How many kids have 6 adults that would be willing to stand in a deluge to watch a football game? Surely not very many!
We are blessed indeed!


No comments: