Friday, August 20, 2010

I know a boy lives here...

There are so many telltale signs that a boy lives in my house. How do I know?

The Clone Troopers tell me so. 
They are stationed all over the house. 
These are guarding the wii remote charger...

The legos creations are overtaking every table. 
These have found their home on my coffee table. 
It's only fair, I suppose, because before I got this table, the centerpiece of the living room was a train table...

The X-Wing fighters (and other fast Star Wars vehicles) find shelter under my coffee table. 
I feel safe knowing that there is always a quick get-away.

Blaster guns can be found anywhere you turn. Computers are a great resting place.

Rewards for learning math facts are quite elaborate, often requiring weeks of building. 
This Death Star is the ultimate reward - offered by Daddy (Mommy was just offering a regular lego set). 

Unfortunately, the arrival of the Death Star, meant the loss of my dining room table. 
No flat surface is safe, I have learned...

These little guys all have names. These are Han and Luke. They are very important. 
I know that, because my boy tells me so. 
Every day. 
Sometimes many times a day :)

Lightsabers are even more plentiful than blaster guns. 
Did you know that each lightsaber handle (hilt, for purists) is different according to it's owner (and the age of the owner sometimes). 
I know that because I have a boy that lives in my house. 
I should know whose saber this is, but I don't. 
My boy would be disappointed in me.
Shock troopers guard my fire place. 
They make sure that no one turns it on during these extra hot summer months. 
Also, they make sure that Anakin, seen in the background here, can conduct his business in peace.

Finally, I know a boy lives here because Yoda offers wise council to the troopers. 
Safe, I feel, knowing he is near.

As I looked around the house earlier this week, I became a little antsy about all of the 'boy stuff' that is covering my house. I started to clean it up, and made some progress getting little pieces into boxes and bags. I started to think about how nice it would be to have my living and dining rooms back (and kitchen and bathrooms too!). 

Then I realized that if I take all of these toys - these reminders of my boy - upstairs to his room, he'll leave the living room or dining room and play upstairs. I already don't see him enough, I think. So, I'll let the toys stay. If you come over, you might have to move a few things to make room. I hope you don't mind... It's just proof that a boy lives here. 
I'm so thankful that he does.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Amy - I love this post. You need to do a little mini album about this - it's wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Nicely done!