Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Amazing Grace

Happy Tuesday! What a great day today!! Honestly, it started out just as a normal day... I volunteered at the school at the book fair - total fun!! Watching those kids spend those tightly held dollars on a few books was the best! Some of them knew just what they wanted - others happily heeded my advice :) I got to shop with Bennett, and I only bought 2 extras (I said he could get 3, he talked me in to 5... but it's books - how bad can that be, right?)

When I left the bookfair I went to workout with Tonya and our personal trainer, Brenda. I didn't feel like it, but as usual I am glad that I went. I'm not a middle-of-the-day workouter. I've gotta get in there and do it first thing in the morning - I'm not a 2-shower person... but, it was a great workout (circuits) followed by a fun (and healthy, of course) lunch at Pita Hut with Tonya, Brenda, and Cyndi.  

Cyndi and I then went to pick up pumpkins for a mission project. Our church's pumpkin patch is AWESOME! And, they were so wonderful to give us a great deal on the 25 that we needed for some children in our area. We got those delivered and I sat in the carpool line for a while and got my Bible Study done. We're finishing Priscilla Shirer's 'Can We Talk' this week and it is a good week for it. I've been thinking a lot about the influences in my life that hold me back from a full relationship with God. This week's study is about those things that creep in and keep us from the fullness of His love. It's gonna be a tough but needed week of study for me. I'm praying for Him to talk to me - He might have to scream, but I'm trying to listen.

After school, Brad, Bennett and I went to the Pumpkin Patch. I can't imagine an October slipping by without a hay-ride and picking pumpkins. Since Bennett is in school, the mid-morning trip with friends is out, and the weekends are just too crowded. So, this afternoon we headed out to Harpersville and had a great time!  Here are a few pictures. :)





We had a the BEST pizza at our favorite pizza place - Area 41 in Mt. Laurel. We sat outside - this weather is so great! 

And, the best part of the day: on the way home Bennett asked to listen to Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace. (Pause here and click over there ------->> on Amazing Grace....) Bennett has been singing Amazing Grace for the last week - just out of the blue. It is the most precious thing I have ever heard... tonight he sang along with Chris - loud - and when it got the part 'My chains are GOOONNNNNEE I've been set FREEEEEEEE. My God, My Savior has ransomed MEEEEE.' he sang so loud and proud.  He sang with all his heart and my heart was instantly filled to overflowing (and of course, I my eyes filled too :) I had to stop singing and just listen - listen to the purest love of God that I have ever heard - the love of a child. So innocent. So pure. So amazing.  Leave it to a 5 year old to remind me.

God's love in unending. He grace is amazing. I'm so thankful that His grace extends to me every day. I'm praying for a deeper relationship with him everyday. And I pray that same prayer for Bennett. What a blessing children can be! :)

2 comments:

Katie Burnett said...

great pics at the Punkin Patch : ) Love Bennett's taste in music.

Just call me "B" said...

Amy, that is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

I know that feeling all too well of hearing them singing, praising, and not knowing how much YOU are soaking it up! I love it.