Sunday, June 22, 2008

It wasn't a trick...

It really was a luxury cabin :)  We all had a great weekend!  We arrived in Tellico Plains, TN around 2 on Friday and we were able to check in to our cabin right away.  We stayed in Laurel Cove, a little one bedroom cabin complete with a full kitchen, 2 satellite TVs, game room with pool table, air hockey, and darts, and hot tub on the back porch.  The cabin was spotless (which lasted for about 5 minutes after we got there!) and they even had cookies and sweet tea waiting for us!  So nice!


The property was really pretty with a stream that ran throughout.  We did attempt to hike
 to the on-site waterfall, but about 50 yards in, we found this and turned right back around. I'm not one to argue with a sign that we are not supposed to be in the woods!! :)  Brad assured me that he was harmless, but let's not find out...

Brad did great on his ride (the Cherohala Challenge) and we met him at the top at Santeetlah, over 5300 feet high! It was actually chilly up there!  After picking Brad up, we headed back down the mountain for lunch and then went to the hatchery where they breed trout for release. Bennett loved it when he bent over the sides of the holding tanks because the fish would think they were getting fed and jump up like crazy. It wasn't the most exciting stop, but Bennett seemed to enjoy it - we're just glad he's still easily entertained :) We also walked to the Telliquah River to get our feet wet, and Bennett didn't believe me when I told him it was slippery.  He ended up riding the whole way back the cabin with a little towel covering him :)  Of course, he found a way to blame his wet clothes on Mommy... not sure how that always happens! Here we are in front of the Bald Creek Falls - it was beautiful! Of course, Bennett wanted to climb it... (this was before the falling-into-the-freezing-cold-water incident:)
I'm so glad that we were able to get away and go 'camping', although Bennett said he would call it more like 'car-ing' because we spent so much time in the car!! (He was right!!)  I'd love to go back when the bugs are gone and we could have a fire in the fireplace - maybe early next Spring...  Bennett wants to go and camp in a tent by the river.  I'll take the cabin :)

3 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

Amy, the cabin looks fabulous! I would love to know the location, website, etc!

I love your blog! I've bookmarked it!

Thanks for sharing!

Shelley Burkett said...

Wow! What a nice cabin - even I could camp there :)

Glad you had a good time - I was hoping that you swam in a froggy pond, though, haha.

Katie said...

Love your blog! What a fun cabin. A luxury cabin with sattelite and sweet tea...that sounds like my idea of roughing it : D