Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Feeling accomplished.

Guess what I did today? Well, actually I started doing it yesterday, but finally finished today.  I cleaned out my 'junk' drawer.  It has been, I discovered, probably 6 months since I cleaned it out and I found all kinds of expired coupons, Campbell's soup labels, and other treasures that I have been storing.

You see, I like to keep things.  Just in case.  I keep coupons to places that I just might need to go to - and who wouldn't want to save a little money?  I keep soup labels because that is like free money for the schools, and when I throw them away, I feel guilty.  I keep rubber bands from the mail because you never know when you'll need a rubber band (they do come in handy every 6 weeks or so!). I keep all of those free address labels because I do use about 5 or so a month to mail little things to grandparents...  I keep pads of paper, credit cards that we never use, pens, pencils, directions to various places... all just in case :)  And believe it or not, my mom is even worse ;)

So, here it is...
the clean drawer. It should stay this way for at least 3 days... after that, I'm sure new mail and treasures will find their way in there.  Just don't look in the drawer next to this one (or the cabinets above!!)

The good thing about the drawer - if you need something, it is probably in there!  Everybody needs a drawer like that :)

1 comment:

Shelley Burkett said...

Isn't that the best feeling?

When I think about how unorganized my house is, I'm just overwhelmed. But you know what? I should follow your lead and do ONE drawer a day for a month, and it wouldn't seem so bad. Maybe then I could tackle my closets :)