Thursday, July 19, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 28

July 8-14

This was the week that Bennett has been excitedly waiting for all summer long... Samford baseball camp!!

The camp was Monday-Thursday from 9 to 12 each day and he had a BLAST!! He had a group of 11 and he knew all but 3 in the group - and it was a great group of boys :)

I went early on Thursday to pick Bennett and his friend Cole up and I snapped a few action shots. The thing that strikes me the most is just how happy Bennett is in these pictures. He loves being around his friends - and even if he didn't know anybody that first day, I think that he would have had 10 new friends by the end of the week!



 I fully intended to get some group shots of the boys after the camp was over, but just as they were wrapping up, the sky opened up and it rained buckets. Seriously. All I could think of was finding the boys, saving the camera, and getting to the car (and yes, I did have an umbrella!) We all had to change clothes when we got home!

Friday (the 13th!) was Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. I mentioned it to Bennett and  by the time I got out of the shower, he had designed a whole costume - a baseball cow!! It was so creative!
 His jersey says 'COWZ' on the front...

 and Chick-fil-a #1 on the back. LOVE IT!!

Nana even joined us for lunch (after we went to see Ice Age, which was cute :)  AND Bennett got his meal for free :)

It was another great week! Bennett is happy. It is summer. He was with his friends. He was playing baseball. He saw a movie. He at Chick-fil-a. What more can a boy ask for? :)








No comments: