Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday already?

Well, technically, it's almost Friday! I should be asleep. I should have been asleep an hour ago... but the blog was calling!! 

I've been in a bit of a fog recently - not quite sure why. Things are good here. Super busy, though, and really pretty scattered. Maybe that's what it is.  Monday I had Bible Study (Esther... soooo good!!) and then Bennett managed to get his form tip at Tae Kwon Do. I'm not sure how that kid does it, but he seems to pull it off every time. He didn't know it a few days before - he cried and pouted when I 'made' him practice it over the weekend. But, he had confidence (and was probably partially driven by the traditional Dairy Queen celebration that follows a tip being awarded.) I was adventurous and got the flavor of the month - midnight truffle or something like that. Such a disappointment :(  But Brad was sweet and swapped with me, so it was all good :)

Tuesday Bennett came home from school (with a friend, which is very exciting) and complained about being cold and feeling like his legs were broken. At first, being the astute mother that I am, I thought nothing of it. Then, it dawned on me (as he was 'resting' while his friend was playing) that maybe he had a fever. He did. The good news: one dose of advil and he was all better. The bad news: 24 hour fever-free rule at school. So, he got to stay home and felt fine. Bonus.

Today I spent with Meg, shopping and getting REALLY good deals on some awesome pajamas. $10 a pair at the barn sale! I won't embarrass myself by telling how many I bought - but I'll just say that I have enough cute pajamas now to last a few years. Maybe 20 years. Who knows. And, I bought some to share :)

The Scrap Etc. event is getting close and we are busy doing lots of great stuff!! The Artist's workshop is going to be so great!! I just cut magnetic owls, 3x3 and 4x6 pieces of cardstock for several projects and a class. Oh, it is going to be SO good. I can't wait!!

Ok, I'm going to leave you with a few pictures I took last weekend (that I have been messing around with in Photoshop). Bennett and Brad humored me on Saturday with a little photoshoot at the Botanical Gardens. It helps to have such handsome subjects :)  What do you think? (about my edits and pictures - not about their cuteness :)

Ok, now it's time for bed! Lots to do tomorrow- it's field day at Bennett's school. And it's gonna be hot. Yippee!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

GREAT pics! I love the one of Bennett and Brad especially. What happened to Bennett's wide-eyed, crazed maniac face?? "Much to my surprise" (as he would say), it's gone!!! :)

Monica said...

I love the pictures....so sweet. I also love the back ground on your blog....very pretty. I see that our pictures mad ethe slideshow. We look forward to seeing you again in May, get ready for our busy boys!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! You are very inspiring - something for us to work towards too! ;-)