Sunday, May 10, 2009

So Happy Today...

Happy Mother's Day! As my 6th Mother's Day comes to a close, I am still counting my blessings - and there are so many to count!! It is hard to believe that there was a time - in fact, 7 years ago - when I thought that I'd never be given the privilege of being a mommy. Then, just as I'd began to rethink my plans, God revealed His plans. His plan for our family. 

Bennett came into our lives as a 7 pound 6 ounce bundle of cuteness. And I have to be honest... he rocked my world. He upset all that I *knew* to be true. I really knew nothing about what really mattered. He showed me how much I had to learn. He showed me how little the earthly things meant. He showed me how big my heart could swell. He showed me how one little person can mean the world. He opened my eyes to the little things. He showed me how to be thankful for each and every day (and each and every sleepless night!!)

So, here's to the best job in the world. The toughest job - the pay comes in smiles and big sweaty little boy hugs. The rewards don't come in promotions but in hearing a little boy's bedtime prayers and seeing him help a friend who tripped in a soccer game. I'm so thankful that God gave me this job. 

Here's our family in May of 2003 at Pensacola Beach.  Look  how tiny he was!!
And here we are in 2009...
I hope you've had a great Mother's Day! I sure have... (and I'm typing on my new MacBook :) Thanks Brad!!

No comments: