Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Keeping busy

It is really challenging to keep a 5 year old boy busy during the summer...  I am exhausted and he's still wondering what we'll do next :)  Either he has too much energy, I'm getting old, or a little bit of both...

Yesterday we went to Alabama Adventure with friends and had a blast!  Today we are headed to a free movie after a quick trip to the gym for me.  I'm really paying for 2 weeks of minimal working out, so I must force myself to get back to it!  Isn't it unfair that it takes so long to get into some sort of shape and about 4 minutes to lose all that muscle? 
 Crazy...

I'm taking a photography class at Birmingham School of Photography (after my Mother's Day gift of a canon 5D and ultrasonic lens!!).  This week our homework is to 'stop motion' using 5.6 aperature and faster shutter speed to practice a 'shallow depth of field'.  I'll post some of my pictures here if I have success!

Finally, Bennett is so excited because he will soon be the proud owner of this:
The Fisher-Price Planet Heroes Solar Quarters... He has been saving his money for this for about 3 weeks doing 'chores' for me (which at this age pretty much means doing what I ask him to do for $1 a day... is that the way it's supposed to work??)  Anyway, my dad (Pa) caught wind of the 'need' for this toy and Bennett's lack of funds and ordered it right away... that's what Pa's are for, I guess :)  It will also come with 2 new talking figures (and hopefully a new DVD episode - we've worn the original episode out!!)  We are going to pick it up after the free movie... and I'm looking forward to some mommy scrapbooking time while Bennett plays!!  Thanks, Pa!!

Well, breakfast requests are being made (well, he really wants a cotton candy blizzard...) so I need to get and find something healthy to present - in a hurry :)  Have a great day!


1 comment:

Shelley Burkett said...

We have some Planet Heroes stuff that we need to send your way (if you don't already have it).

And as far as the "finding things to do with time" thing over here, it's called Wii. Wii in the mornin', Wii in the evenin', Wii ALL DAY LONG. That's why I can scrap all day, lol. But, that's not the BEST parenting, huh? You sound like you are trying to actually BE with your child during the day, lol....

We might do tennis camp next week, and there's always the zoo or the library...