Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Project Life August 16-31

What's that saying? Better late than never, right? :)
School started and things got crazy around here. Good crazy, but crazy all the same. To top it off, my camera lost a good number of pictures, so I had to scramble to find some pictures for a few days. Here's the last part of August!!

 August 16 - Nana came over to watch Bennett while Brad and I went to a church meeting. He couldn't wait for us to leave :)

 August 17 - The cub scouts had a campfire and Bennett got promoted to Bear Scout! 

August 18 - We've been waiting for 3rd grade homework to start... and tonight was the first night! After an icee stop, he knocked that homework out in no time flat! We had a 'discussion' before school started about how homework would be handled (i.e. I said if he complained or pouted, no TV for the rest of the day or the next day) and things have been going smoothly so far (as of September 13)!

August 19 - The Back to School Bash at church allowed Bennett to have a fun time at church and Brad and I to go to get pizza. The kids apparently had a good time wrapping each other in toilet paper :) Our Children's Team rocks!

August 20 - Bennett was wandering around the house looking for something 'fun' to do and Brad told him to clean the windows. After a little rolling of the eyes, he got to work :)

 August 21 - Swimming at Gigi and Bubba's pool is the perfect way to finish a weekend!

 August 22 - Perry. Perry the Platypus. 

 August 23 - I know that this is a crazy picture, but we think it is so crazy the way that our noodles stand up straight in the bowl after cooking in the microwave. It happens every time. 

 August 24 - Agility training with Coach Nick. High knees and feet Bennett!!

 August 25 - Bennett captured a HUGE grasshopper on the back porch before school. He wanted to save it for Bubba. Luckily, I talked him in to letting it go after school :)
Gigi, you can thank me later...

 August 26 - This little frog has been hanging out in the backyard between the living room and our bathroom windows. We love watching him!

 August 27 - We went to a wonderful fundraising dinner for SOZO tonight and I had a new dress and some killer shoes!!


 August 28 - We have really loved having this wild butterfly bush in our backyard! We get these black/blue ones, yellow, and orange ones. We also get some hummingbirds (which I'm not afraid of, oddly :)

August 29 - I can't post it here, but today I went to Bennett's school and took a picture of the class for the roster. I'll put it in my photobook, though!

 August 30 - I did it! I completed my photo wall in my foyer! It only took me 3 months to plan, but I love it!! What do you think?

August 31 - Baseball has started. Let the red dirt begin...

I hope your August was as great as ours! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love all the pics, BUT that macaroni noodle thing is CRAZY. It should be noted that we have the same macaroni, and it does NOT do that at our house!!!