Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Project Life August 1-15

Welcome back to Project Life! This is the August 15th edition :)

August 1st - Nana needed a haircut, so Bennett and I got to keep Evie for a little while. I'm not sure who had more fun :)  These cousins sure do love each other, and I couldn't be happier about it! 

 August 2nd - Bennett started agility training at a local sports complex. He LOVES it! It is a lot of hard work, but they have a lot of fun with Coach Nick. Reminds me a lot of those hard workouts that I used to be able to do...

 August 3rd - Bennett still loves legos... now we've gotten excited about the Cars Ultimate Build version (thanks Pa!)

 August 4th - At registration I got Bennett's school supply pack. I LOVE school supplies. 
Don't you?

 August 5th - Bennett and I got back-so-school haircuts. I talked him into letting me take a picture in the mirror. Didn't work out so well...

 August 5th - pic #2 We tried and tried, and it was either blurry or silly :)  Eventually he took off upstairs, so the photo session was over.
By the way, Brad didn't notice either haircut... I guess my hair always looks this nice, right? 

 August 6th - I worked on the school's '10-'11 scrapbook today. It was a great year!

August 7th - This picture totally cracks me up - look at Brad in the background. Ha! Sorry honey :)

August 7th - the real picture :)  Bennett was thrilled to have Sara down for a visit. Nothing like family for some fun for the week before school starts!

 August 8th - We took Sara and Debbie to McWane. Fun!

 August 8th - pic #2 Bennett overcame his fear and rode the high cycle at McWane! He was so serious. Precious.

 August 9th - We took Sara and Debbie to Treetop and Bennett discovered the Klondike machine (it's not called that anymore, but that's what it was called when Angie, Dad and I used to play each week). Nothing like a huge pile of tickets!! Bennett shared his tickets with Sara and also got some army men and a nice sword :)

 August 10th - VULCAN!! Nothing like having family visit to get us out to see a Birmingham landmark. Bennett had never been and really enjoyed it.

 August 10th - pic #2 After Vulcan and lunch we headed to Meet the Teacher. It was a quick stop, really. Bennett put his stuff in his desk and was ready to go - so different from kindergarten when I had to pry him out of the classroom! I guess it's different when you already know the ropes :)

August 11th - I already shared the first day of school pics in the post below (the real and the re-do's!). Here's one of him walking into school. Sigh.

 August 12th -Smurfs toys are at McDonald's!!

 August 13th - Brad has a new baby!! He spent the day flying to and driving back from Atlanta. He loves his new car!

 August 14th - This shoe pile cracks me up! We have a 'no shoe' policy in the house, so they naturally congregate by the door. Yes, most of them are mine :) Not the guitar, though!
 August 15th - after taking Bennett to school, the car got dirty. It is a whole 3/4 mile, afterall! Brad had to clean the car a little. He also re-washed it this afternoon after school with Bennett's help :)

August 15th - She doesn't make the blog nearly enough, but Sadie is a sweet girl. She's hard to photograph, but she's sweet!

Hope the rest of August is as fun as the first half! Sports start next week...

No comments: