Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December Daily time again!!

Yippee!! It's December! Can you believe it? Wow. 

I'm picking up my camera again this month to document what we do each day during the month of December. What are you up to this month?

I've just realized that these 2 November photos are off by 1 day... please forgive me! This photo is from Monday, November 29. Bennett won a week on the News at school at the Auction this fall. He got to be the 'red' anchor, the 'blue' anchor, and the camera man throughout the week. This Monday, as we were driving up to the school, he told me that because of the News "everybody knows me" :)


Ok, so this was on November 30! Yes, we went to see Santa BEFORE December. There's nothing wrong with that. I promise! Bennett presented his letter, complete with drawings of each item. This year he is asking for a Star Wars Legacy of Boba Fett set, a Republic Command Ship, and some Star Wars silly bands. He HAS been a mighty good boy this year! We decided to keep that letter and get it to Santa another day ;) 
I got the date on this one right :)  I'm just learning to use these overlay brushes - it's taking a little getting used to (but don't they look great!)

 December 1 was Holiday Shop at school!! Nana and I went to help the kids shop (I was able to go after the Scholastic people canceled my volunteer shift) and then wrap their presents. Bennett did a GREAT job picking out gifts for everyone in our family. Can't wait to see what I'm getting! 

On the 2nd Bennett wrote a letter to Poodle (our elf who is hanging out there in the candle holder). He asked him to bring Santa those cookies. Poodle wrote a very nice letter back. Apparently, Santa loved the cookies. That letter from Santa will be in my scrapbook! 

 Also on the 2nd, Bennett wrote a wonderful report on bicycle safety. This comes from the bad fall that he had on Sunday while riding - a fall that was so bad that his new helmet was cracked! We are thankful for that helmet!

 Oh, December 3rd... so wonderful! I got to praise God at the Deeper Still Conference! What is better than praise music, preaching from Kay, Priscilla, and Beth, and wonderful friends? Well, those Christmas tree cakes made it good too ;)

 While I was at the conference, Bennett was at the Art Workshop at church. He's really quite an artist!! I was specific about not drawing Star Wars on his art, but I should have added in team logos ;)  Those are presents, though, so what was ok! 

 Snuggles. 

 December 5th was the last meeting of our Bible Study on Revelation. I was very blessed to be able to co-lead this study with Angie and to be able to learn so much with these friends. God is good.

 More goodies for Santa on the 6th... This time Bennett left kool-aid, cups of water for Santa and for Poodle, 4 double stuft oreos, his letter to Santa and a letter to Poodle. Once again, Poodle left a wonderful note. We have a wonderful elf!

December 7 - Bookclub at my house! Our book was 'Redbird Christmas' by Fannie Flagg. The menu: chicken and wild rice casserole, greenbeans, Papa's apples, rolls, and white chocolate bread pudding. Our photographer was Bennett. Thanks buddy!

I'll be back next week with tons more fun :)
Merry Christmas!!


No comments: