Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Project Life May 1-15

Well. Hello, June! Where did May go? As I sat down to get my Project Life for the last half of May ready, I realized that the first part of May never got posted!! Yikes! Sorry about that - here you go :)

 May 1- I'm knitting! This dish cloth was so exciting! Knitting and purling all in one item! I started this on Friday and finished it on Sunday! Now, can I bring myself to use it on countertops and dishes??

May 2 - Hmmm. No photo.

 May 3 - Bennett wrote a letter to Luis, our little boy that we sponsor from South America. In other 'Luis' news, we just received news that they had originally recorded his birthdate wrong. Instead of May, 2002, he was born on April 1, 2003. Just 3 days before Bennett! We loved that news!

 May 4 - Bennett wrote all of his spelling in cursive. He LOVES writing in cursive. This time last year, one of our greatest concerns was his neatness. What a difference a year makes! :)

 May 5- I went to Bennett's class to help out with the reward shop that they have for good behavior. The kids had a blast spending their money (they earn a nickel a day for good behavior).Their teacher allowed them to play afterward... here Bennett is launching his army parachute guy from the loft.

 May 6 - on the way into our neighborhood after school, Bennett said 'Look at the sky, Mommy! It is beautiful!' He was right - and I just happened to have a minute to stop in traffic to snap a picture :)

 May 7 - I spent all day scrapbooking at a crop! The last time that I REALLY scrapbooked was  last August. I got over 20 pages done! Here is one of our trip to Sonoma last fall.

 May 7 - while I was scrapbooking, Bennett got to play pitcher! He was so happy :)
Other escapes that the boys took while I was away included Tree Top and a nice dinner out. I think that they can't wait for me to go again...

 May 8 - A super exciting day! Evie was baptized!

 May 8 - Mother's Day! I'm one lucky mommy :)

 May 9 - Bennett's baseball team had their party after practice on Monday. Here he is with Coach Mel and his trophy. Please notice Bennett's 2 different colored socks. He did that on purpose...

 May 9 - We played Kids vs. Parents kickball. The kids won :)

 May 10 - The last week of spelling homework for 2nd grade!!

 May 11 - Progress report. The last one of the year. 
I couldn't be more proud :)

 May 12 - Haircut day! 

 May 13 - After school Benentt and I shopped the Scholastic Book Fair. We even picked a book for Evie :)

 May 14- The baseball tournament begins. And ends. (for us, anyway :)  Bennett played his best this season. He is truly a good sport when it comes to baseball - and this Spring his love of the game has really exploded!

May 15 - We spent our morning at church, remembering the parable of the lost sheep. We spent the afternoon relaxing. A perfect Sunday!


No comments: