Saturday, January 5, 2013

Project Life 2012 - Week 52

December 23 - 31

Week 52!! Wow!! Yippee!!
I know it was a little doubtful at times that I was going to keep it up for all 52 weeks, but I did it :) I LOVE this project!! I love looking back on the every-day-ness of our lives and seeing how things have changed. And how things have stayed the same!

Without further delay, here is the last week(+) of 2012!!

On the 23rd we spent a wonderful evening at our friends' home for dinner. The plans were last minute, and it was so much fun! 
 When we got home, Bennett and Brad snuggle up to see what how Jotham was doing on his adventure today. (This is a new advent book that we got this year and we all 3 really loved it - we've had a hard time not reading ahead some days!!)

Christmas Eve
Bennett and Nana read the Christmas story for us (something that they had planned to do as a surprise). It was really neat.

Our family :)

After a great morning and afternoon at Nana's we moved to our house. Here Bennett is, lighting the candles on Jesus' birthday cake. Yes, he learned how to light matches over the Christmas Break... :)

Christmas Day
Bennett and Nana wait (somewhat) patiently at the top of the stairs
I think it was around 5:30

And he's off to see what Santa brought!!
There are so many pictures (although I did put the camera down a lot more this Christmas, which was nice), so I'm just sharing a couple. Santa brought Bennett exactly what he asked for, plus some!! :)

We had a great time with Santa's goodies while we waited for Evie to arrive. Once she (and Gigi and Bubba!!) arrived, we dug into the gifts under the tree. Here is Evie opened her present from Bebbett (as she says it :)  An Auburn shirt!! I think she likes it!

After our traditional breakfast at our house (and more present opening) we got cleaned up and headed over to Gigi and Bubba's for lunch. Here I am with my boy <3 font="font">

My 2 guys.
I'm playing around with the flash on my camera a bunch... it takes a lot to get it just right :) 
It was a fabulous Christmas - one of the best that I can remember in a long time! I was totally prepared (presents wrapped, food prepared, house ready) well before-hand, so I was able to just enjoy it all. But the main thing, I think, is that I focused this year on just being together and not on the 'stuff' and the expectations. Amazing how it all worked out, isn't it :)


On the 26th, Mom, Angie, and I went on our traditional bargain hunting trip. I have a picture of them, but I know that they will appreciate me not sharing it here :) So, instead, I will share my bargains (the boots were not bargains, but an exchange - but I'm still super excited about them!!) Another successful excursion!!

While we were shopping, Bennett was building. All day long. Building.

On the 27th Bennett had basketball. Afterward, we went to Nana's to help her take her Christmas stuff down.

On the 28th Bennett finished up his 'Thank You' notes. I love how motivated he is to get a task done!!
 I had a vision of the boys by the light of the Christmas tree, so they let me play around a little that night. :)

On the 29th, The Wargos came down and the adults went out to eat at Cafe Dupont. Man, that flash is bright!! :)

On the 30th, the deer feeder went up...
and rockets were sent up at the the park. Fun!!

 We celebrated New Year's Eve with the fireworks that Pa gave Bennett for Christmas. Super fun (and a little loud at times). Bennett was very concerned that the police were going to come - he had been searching the internet for days for laws concerning fireworks in our area and couldn't find any. I love that he is such a good citizen!

This made me very nervous, but I know that I'm just supposed to get over it. Long gone are the days of my little safety boy :) The fireworks fun was over by a little after 7:30, so we got the kids cleaned up, they did a little New Year's survey that was really cute (Bennett biggest goal for 2013 is to be able to throw the ball where HE wants it to go, which I think is a great goal!) The kids were in bed before 9:30 and the adults made it until the East Coast ball drop ;) It was a great night!

2012 has been a great year! Our family has been very blessed. 
I can't wait to see what God has planned for 2013 :)





No comments: