Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 46

November 11 - 17

I know that it is early for some, but we put up our tree on the Sunday, November 11!! After last Christmas our tree lights died, so we had to get rid of it. So for the past couple of weeks, I have agonized about which new tree to get. There were a few prerequisites: colored lights (not those crazy LED lights - just the normal ones like we had when we were little!!), no chunky plastic branches, a good green color, 7 1/2 feet tall and not too broad. Oh, and I had to get a good deal. This tree kept calling my name and met all of the criteria (although it certainly wasn't the cheapest that I saw :)

Anyway, Brad was home this weekend and willing to help put up the tree, so I jumped on the chance to put it up! Here are a few actions shots.

 Bennett can NOT stand the timer on the camera. Even though this picture is blurry, it makes me laugh. Yes, he is wearing antlers and a jingle bell. I'm pretty sure I had just said 'Ok, look normal'. Ha!
 The tree wasn't quite level, so it required 2 guys to inspect. I'm happy to report that they fixed it perfectly.

On Tuesday the 13th I had a meeting at church that kept me out past Bennett's bedtime. He's been picking me to put him to bed more often recently, so when I got home I found this note on the coffee table.
So sweet. 

Ok, I'm including these last 2 pictures even though they really belong on last week's post (remember the one that I said only had one picture!! Ha!)
This is the Thanksgiving decor in the dining room. Bennett helped me put it up the weekend after Halloween and we had the BEST time doing it.
 Bennett loved putting the cornucopia together.
 And he loved filling the jars with acorns. 
His favorite part though - definitely the 'harvest candy corn' jar :)
So thankful to have his help - it is so much fun to do things together!!

No comments: