Monday, September 17, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week 35

August 26 - Sept 1

Monday, the 27th
Bennett had baseball practice tonight. This is a totally new team - he only knows one other kid on the team, and that is really only an acquaintance. Bennett doesn't care though - I think I was more traumatized about not knowing the moms on the team than he was about not knowing the kids! Ha!
Anyway, the coach was asking who wanted to play what position, and Bennett raised his hand for just about every position! Even catcher! I was shocked! I thought for sure he was going to hold out for pitcher, but nope. His hand shot up for catcher. So, here he was behind home plate.
I have to say... he did a great job! 
When we headed home I said 'Catcher, huh? That really surprised me.' 'Really?' he said.
And that was that :)

Tuesday, the 28th
Bennett is really loving his new coach for his baseball lessons. Today he worked exclusively on hitting. They really worked it out.  I am always amazed at how Bennett can focus and really dig in when he gets that one-on-one instruction.
I think that my sitting under an umbrella on the side of the cage embarrassed him a little bit, but it was hot, and I was sweating :)

Friday, the 31st
So, once Bennett and I got done with our grammar lessons this summer, I had a white board laying around. Have I mentioned how fun I think it is to write on the white board? Yeah, it is fun! 
So, I hung it up in the pantry and we take turns writing secret notes to each other. It is such a nice little surprise to walk into the pantry (probably to get a snack that I shouldn't be getting!!) and see a sweet note. This one from Brad was somewhat poetic!!

And just like that September is here! Wow. Fall is almost here! Yea!!

No comments: