Friday, February 3, 2012

Project Life 2012 Week 1

Welcome to Project Life 2012, the '52' version! I've decided to change things up a little bit and focus on telling one or 2 stories a week, rather than capturing an image every day of the year. I really enjoyed 2011's picture-a-day, but to be honest, by the end of the year, my main model (who happens to be an 8 year old boy) was totally dodging the camera each time I brought it out. A little bit of burn-out along with the LOVE of documenting what's going on in our lives has led me to this new plan... let's see how it goes!!

January 1, 2012
We spent New Year's with the Wargo's in SC. On New Year's day we headed to the park to shoot of some really cool rockets that the girls and RT have. So much fun!

Bennett and Sydney got along so well this time (although Bennett would probably be quick to tell you that he doesn't enjoy being around girls. Of any kind. Except for me :) It's fun to see them growing up together.

 Blast off!!

 RT and Bennett getting the next rocket ready for the skies.

 Happy 2012!!

 Jungle gym fun :)


January 6, 7, & 8, 2012
 On Friday, Brad's parents took us out to eat to celebrate my birthday (which is the 8th). We met them at Shayne's for a delicious dinner and some shopping at the Dollar Store afterwards. Bennett surprised us all at the check out when he told the clerk that she could keep all of his change. Sweet boy.

 On Saturday we had a basketball game and Bennett was on fire! He got a basket!! 
Whoo hoo!!

 Sorry for the blur, but they are moving SO fast! :)

After each game, each player gets a star for their performance. It is a favorite time for each of the boys. I think Bennett got best Defense this game.

Saturday night we had dinner at mom's (ham and her famous mac and cheese!) And cookies cake of course! Yum!

 January 8, 2012. Good-bye 36, hello 37! What better way to start the day than with breakfast (and presents!) in bed?

 After church we all met at Mt. Fuji for lunch. Evie didn't know quite what to think about the flaming hibachi :) 

 Volcano!

 My boy. He loves me no matter how old I get. By the way, he doesn't appreciate someone saying that they are old. Or that someone else is old. Don't try it. It will really get him going :)

 Bennett surprised me with a crystal tree kit from the $ store. One of my favorite little treats :)



No comments: