Sunday, February 12, 2012

i've got a platypus controlling me...

(Otherwise titled: Project Life 2012, Week 2 written by guest blogger, Brad!!)
Take it away, Brad...




Whaat???

Well, I'll be honest, I don't really understand
How fast time's flying...my boy's becoming a man


Yet, in small moments, his boyness shines through
A pure sentiment, so transparent and true
An extra look up, a spontaneous kiss
A snuggle before bed, not a night to miss;
A grip, tight on my arm, as I leave for the day
A squeezing hug upon my return, as if to say
"Daddy, I love you."




I love you too, my little man
I love you so much, the best that I can
Whether playing games at the table
or teaching about bones
Throwing balls in the park
or sharing ice cream cones
It matters not, really, what we actually do
Just spending time together, spending it with you
Is all I could hope for...
Is all I can do


So I savor each moment
Like a blog in my mind
Snippets of memories transcending time,
Dreams to awake to and this I find:
That my son still loves me,
And waltzes me through
This dance...
This journey...
This day...
for which I'm thankful


So yes, my little platypus is controlling me
I live to share my life with him, my special Mini-Me
To make the moments count, and count the quantity
Not just seven minutes a day, but all eternity
For us to share, to live, to be
In God's forever family.




1 comment:

Angie said...

Brad, I'm impressed! Amy, poems for the rest of the year (only 50 more)!! :)