Thursday, December 29, 2011

Project Life Dec 1-15

It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!! It's true! Sure, it is busy, but it is so fun! We (at least Bennett and I) look forward to December and all of the excitement that it brings. Here's a look into what we've been up to this month...



December 1 - Well, December didn't start off quite as exciting as we had hoped... Bennett woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat, but was still heading out the door to school before I felt his forehead. Fever. Yikes! So, I called the doctor to get an appointment, cancelled all of my plans for the day, and we snuggled in. The verdict: strep :(  The good news is that within 24 hours, he'll be better - and the doctor ordered no school until Monday! :)

When Brad got home, Bennett couldn't wait for him to open his gift from the Holiday Shop. Giving gifts is so much fun! (Everyone else had to wait until Christmas morning!)

 Holding hands. My boys.

 December 2 - A day at home getting better... This is one of our nativities.  :)

 December 3 - Bennett got to be Joseph in a skit at church. I'm not sure who was more excited - me or him :)  He did a great job!

 December 3 pic 2 - After the skit at church, we met Evie to see Santa. Evie wasn't happy sitting in Santa's lap, but Bennett was ready to see him again! He was thrilled because Santa said that he was getting getting so grown up - Santa remembered him! :)

 December 4  - We made snow flakes! The favorite? The Auburn one, of course! We also made some really cool Star Wars ones too! This was our first year to make snow flakes and I think that both had a fun time.

 December 5 - Chilling out at the kitchen table doing homework. I love that kid.

 December 6 - Our tree has been up for weeks, but the angel has been missing! The tree just isn't complete without the angel, is it?

 December 6 pic 2 - Bookclub at my house! The book this time was Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve. Definitely a good discussion! We had chili, salad, and cobbler for dinner. I love these girls! 

 December 6 pic 3 - It's all in the details :)
Getting our cards ready... and loving that handsome boy on the stamp!

 December 7 - Our gift from Aunt Cork from the Cherry Republic arrived today! We always look forward to that box's arrival :)

 December 7 pic 2 - The wall is coming down! We've known that our retaining wall was going to have to be redone for years - so why not do it in December? Right in between my 2 parties at the house? Sure...

 December 8 - Look at those blocks! We've been parking on the street because our driveway is occupied by big machines and piles of dirt. But at least that hill should stay where they put it this time!

December 9 - Bennett is OBSESSED with playing football. Look at that joy on his face :)

December 9 pic 2 - Bennett has been getting coupons from me each day of December in his lunchbox for fun things to do. Today's coupon was for a fort building session. Brad promptly climbed in there and fell right asleep :)

December 9 pic 3 - Date night for our Sunday School party! Thanks to Mooma and Poopa for watching Bennett :)

December 10 - Bennett's first basketball game... He is a totally different player this year! I think this will be a fun season!

 December 11 - Making Cookies at Nana's house is one of our favorite traditions and this year we got to teach Evie how to do it :)

 Bennett and Gigi

December 11 - Bennett made Santa cookies for him and for Evie to leave. He is so artistic and has so many wonderful ideas! Much better than the big cookies with 'To Santa' scratched on it like I used to do :)

 Works of art!

Me and my favorite boy. Love.

 December 12 - Bennett's letter to Santa this year. He asked Poodle to bring it to the North Pole again this year. Seems like he waited until the last minute this year - do you think Santa will be able to make everything in time?

 December 13 - I hosted our neighborhood Bunco this month. Such a fun group of ladies! Brad was on call, so Bennett hung out until the gift swap and then he got to come and join the fun :)

December 14 - I've been having terrible headaches, so I left my shift at the Foundry Dental clinic early to go get a CAT scan. Not the most pleasant experience, but the good news came quickly - no abnormalities in my brain! (now all of my craziness can't be blamed on anything! :) The diagnosis... TMJ. hmmmm.

 December 14  picture 2 - Look at this pile of Christmas cards that we received in the mail today!!! The cards that we receive from friends and family are one of the things I look most forward to each day!

December 15 - Angie and I hosted our annual Christmas party at her house. It is the best party (in my opinion :)  We have so much fun planning it together! 

Stay tuned for the last half of December... next week! Can you beleive 2012 is almost here?? Wow!

No comments: