Friday, October 21, 2011

Project Life Oct 1-15

 Oct 1 - While I was away on my girl's weekend, Brad and Bennett had a total boys' weekend, complete with an impromptu hunting trip. I received this picture while I was scrapbooking our Disney Star Wars weekend. I have to say that this picture really is worth a thousand words. I am 100% against guns and hunting (maybe that's why they went when I was gone??) But then, look at his face... he doesn't like the fact that he's holding this dead bird (he didn't shoot it!) Brad later reported that Bennett freaked out a little bit when he saw that he had blood on his hands... which makes me thankful that they won't be taking up hunting (and proves to me that sometimes I just have to let things play out and they will take care of themselves ;)

 Oct 2 - My scrappy friends :)

 Oct 2 - I missed Bennett's ballgame on Sunday afternoon, but they won! Way to go!

 Oct 3 - It's autumn! I got this cute little metal decoration today!

 Oct 4 - These mums were only $10 from a church that was selling them in the carpool line at school... sometimes getting there early has benefits...

Oct 5 - When we got our zoo magazine we read about the baby lions that were born in May - we didn't know that they were out and about! Nana and I surprised Bennett with a little early check-out and spent the afternoon at the zoo. Fun!

Oct 6 - Bennett helped me decorate this year and he spent extra time making sure all of the spiders were just right... I love that he created such symmetry (just like his mama likes it :)

 Oct 7 - Fall Break at Sandestin!! We arrived in time for dinner, playing on the playground, and ice cream. Love these boys.

 Oct 8 - Bennett humored me with a photo shoot on the beach and we almost missed the sunset... I'll post more of these pics soon (I promise!)

 Oct 9 - Playing Words with Friends on the balcony...

 Oct 9 - pic#2 There's the smile that I love :)

 Oct 10 - We had to go home today, but the boys made sure to get their nerf time in early!

 Oct 11 - The camera comes out and Sadie WILL NOT look at me. ha!
Look how grey she is getting... poor girl.

Oct 12 - This is my favorite house on the way to the Foundry Dental Center! There are so many statues in the yard... and can you imagine my delight when I found them decked out for Halloween!!!

Oct 13 - Oh! The acorns that have fallen at our house this year!!! Funny: When we were sitting on the couch tonight watching TV the acorns kept hitting the house, the chimney, the steps... making such noise! I made a comment about it and Bennett said 'Welcome to my life! That's what I hear all the time in my room!!!' Welcome to my life... that kid cracks me up!

 Oct 14 - Look what we got in the mail today! Courtesy of our Discover cash back program! And yes, most of them are already spent ;)

Oct 15 - Bennett made a goal in the soccer game!! Yippee!! 

The weather here is fabulous! Fall is my favorite time of year... Hope your October is fabulous too!

No comments: