Monday, September 27, 2010

The Meal Plan - week 2

First, I'll start with a review of the Slow Cooker Orange Chicken from week 1... it received 4 thumbs up from our family. So, it was ok. I'll serve it again, but it won't make it on the regular rotation. Here are the adults' thoughts: it was a little 'too orangey'. It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be - you know how yummy the orange chicken is at your favorite chinese restaurant? Well, not quite. It could have been that I used cheap orange juice concentrate. Maybe. We might try it again with lemonade instead of orange. I'll let you know!

Week 2 Meal Plan:

Monday night: Cheese Ravioli/Pasta with green beans and rolls (Bennett's pick) Have you tried Ragu's Chunky Super Vegetable Primavera pasta sauce??? It is SO good! Chunky, with tons of veggies (that don't taste gross - trust me!) and it has a light sweetness to it. Yum!! I just add a little browned lean ground hamburger and called it a meal. I know, what?? But that's Bennett's choice, so I'll just be thankful :)

Tuesday night: Hamburgers/Hotdogs (and fixin's), Baked Beans, French Fries (Brad's pick)

Wednesday night: Church (although we're not really eating at church this week b/c I'm not a huge fan of 'tex-mex' lasagna. So, we'll eat out on our way to church :)

Thursday night: Cranberry Roast Slow Cooker (new recipe) found here... I'm going to use a lean pork roast and serve it with mashed potatoes and peas.

Friday night: Eat out after soccer practice

Saturday night: Quick Chicken Teriyaki (new recipe). I got this from my kraftfoods.com magazine 4 years ago! I have quite a collection of recipes that I'd like to cook... anyone relate?? So, this has been great for digging back through them!  Here's a link...

I'll report back on the new recipes! What are you cooking this week?

No comments: