Tuesday, March 9, 2010

February Top Ten...

As promised... our February Top Ten...

1) Pulling Teeth Poor Bennett has been cursed with my teeth - he's only had one or two visits at the dentist with a clean report :( This visit was no exception - but it was even worse. Bennett needed to have 2 teeth pulled - bottom left and top right. They had abscessed (tons of mommy guilt since he had told me that his gums were hurting and I didn't know that it was due to decay!!) We sought a 2nd opinion and got the same news - the teeth needed to come out.

So, on Feb 1 those 2 teeth were pulled and 2 teeth were filled. Other than not liking the numbness (and creating a big blister from sucking on his lip!!) he did great! He had to eat soft foods for a week, but milk shakes are always good!!

Coincidentally, February was dental month at school!! They talked alot about teeth, apparently... and this is just one of the many pieces of work that came home...

On this side, Bennett has detailed 2 facts that they discussed at school.
They are: Canine teeth rip food and you teeth fall out. (pictures coincide with the facts)
On the other side we have...

(I'll translate) "Fact 3: Dentists may have to take out your teeth. Take it from me it's painful. They may have to give you a silver tooth."
That picture is showing the spacer that he has where the teeth were removed. Please note: It is NOT drawn to scale... much like this picture :)

2) Reading to the kindergarteners Bennett came home on Feb 4 and told us (quite proudly!!) that he was going to read to his kindergarten teacher's class. He carefully picked out a book and practiced with Brad and me. (we heckled him with lots of questions - asking to go to the bathroom, telling him we want to see the pictures :) It was so fun...
He reported that the reading went very well :)

3) Murder Mystery - On Feb 6 we had a Murder Mystery party with book club. The whole thing didn't work out quite right - but we sure had a good time!!

4) Baseball We were so excited to be back on Coach Mark's team this Spring!! Don't worry - there will be many more pics in the future!! :)

5) A look into the future
In 100 years, Bennett assumes he will still be an Auburn fan (blue hat), walk his dog (which we don't EVER do), and be fully decked out with ammo and guns :) Nice.
Oh, and I see from the picture that in 100 years, he will have learned how to tie his shoes...

6) Skiing!! You can read all about our trip here... It was fun!!


7) Pinot Camp We got to go on a double date with Mike and Rebecca to the Pinot Camp at B&A Warehouse. I'm not a red wine drinker, but there was still plenty for me to taste... and I even found a few that I could tolerate! (But Brad didn't love the ones I liked, so we're still on different wine teams :) This was so much fun - can't wait to go again next year!!
8) Giggles and Grace - I worked the sale again this year, but did not Chair the Finance area. It was strange to be there without any 'responsibility', but it was also really nice... The sale was a HUGE success - selling over $105,000 in just over 2 days!! God is great!

9) Spring Into Art This year I co-chaired the Silent Auction at Spring Into Art at Bennett's school. Wow!! It was a ton of work - but we've raised over $14,000 by auction alone!!

While I was working, Brad and Bennett played games and make great art projects. Check this out...
They made a Jedi (with light saber and gun!) from a recycled water bottle!! So great!

10) Women's Conference I didn't get to attend Asbury's women's conference this year because it was the same weekend as Spring Into Art. I did, however, get the opportunity to host a break out session about scrapbooking and the importance of remembering the journey that God has prepared for us. It was a wonderful reminder of how important it is to take a breather - no matter how hectic and crazy life is (and this month was SUPER busy for us!!).

God is so good to me - he's given me so many sweet memories - and I want to be sure that I take the time to appreciate each moment. No matter how small the event seems, it can be a life changer :) I'm trying to absorb it all day by day...

1 comment:

Angie said...

Now that it's April, can we get a "March Top Ten"? Or do we have to wait until August for that?? :)