Thursday, August 6, 2009

The more things change, the more things stay the same...

Well, it has been a whirl-wind couple of weeks... and it looks like the next week will be just the same. I want to make time stand still and delay the start of school for oh, say, another couple months.

We had a great time in Michigan last week. It was the first vacation in a VERY long time that I was not ready to come home. We really could have stayed for at least another week. I'll post a few pics in my next post...

Right now I'm thinking about Bennett. I always get a little sentimental as school starts, don't I? :) Here are a few pictures of him in Michigan. Brad's cousins, Ryan and Keith, own a landscaping business, and it is every boy's (big and little) dream come true. They have so many 'toys' that I think Bennett's eyes just about popped out of his head when he got the chance to see those BIG machines up close.


And actually DRIVE them...

There must be big machines like this in heaven for all the boys (again, regardless of age!!) to ride around on. Bennett was really a good dumper-operator (what do you call that big bucket in the front called??) He took it all very seriously :)




It reminds me of what seems like just yesterday - but it was really almost 5 years ago - when we visited Keith and Ryan's shop. Again, Bennett was so excited he could barely stand it. Just look at him...


At this point in his life, Bennett yelled 'UCK!! UCK!!' every time we saw a truck. He said it for EVERY truck. No matter how many we saw in a row. Seriously, as we drove around, I would sometimes think I was going to go crazy with how many times he said 'UCK!! UCK mommy!!'

I remember those times with such sweetness. He was (and still is!!) such a sweet boy. So much passion for life and new experiences. Ahhh. And then, when I think of what's still to come... wow! I'm so blessed to have the chance to be his mommy! (He tells me that he will always call me mommy. I told him that he might change his mind one day :)

Oh, and at least he's not too big to still fit in the bucket!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope I am blessed with a child (boy or girl) that loves me like he does you AND I hope I am half as good as a mother as you are Amy! You are a great example to many of us!!! Great Post. :)
TDW