Monday, February 16, 2009

huh?

What? Huh? M'am? What did you say mommy?

Each time I speak, Bennett doesn't respond in any other way than by asking me to repeat myself. Ever. I'm gonna go crazy!

Yes, I do realize that he has had some decreased hearing in the past. We got tubes years ago and then he was fine. Yes, I know that sometimes I can speak quickly... but I mean, he's lived with me his whole life - don't you think he'd be used to it by now? And yes, I do know that he has a cold that could be making this a little worse... but he can hear anything Star Wars related perfectly fine.

So, what I do I do? I usually just take a deep breath and say nothing and wait... and 9 times out of 10 he knows what I said!!! Is he doing it to drive me crazy? Quite possibly...

And, the real kicker?  Much to my dismay, while we were hanging out with my mom this weekend, she told me 'Yes, I remember when you used to do that too.' 

Ah, now I see.  Payback...

2 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

Well, if it makes you feel better, my Chap went through an awful phase of that......and I think it has alot to do with that just being a habit.

So, we agreed (all 4 of us) that when he did that, we would NOT repeat what we had said. Instead, he had to use an alternate phrase.

It broke him quickly!

**And, as a side note, his teacher was thankful too!

Creating Memories said...

It has started at age 2 with us. We've been telling her "You heard what I said."