Thursday, July 31, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
at Big Picture Scrapbooking with Cathy Zielske. I love Cathy - she is so funny (and of course, talented!!). It is a 12 week class that focuses totally on design principals for scrapbooking. Like balance, how to use white space, using text and fonts. All things I should know about, I think :) She using the scrapbooks that I LOVE (American Crafts binders) and we'll make 36 layouts...
Sounds cool, doesn't it? Should I do it? Too much work?
Registration starts in just 2 days, so I better hurry up and decide :)
Want to check it out? Here's the link http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/designyourlife.php
Does the link work? Not sure how to do that yet...
We're off to try Alabama Adventure again today. Praying that we don't have another Raven concert to compete with!! Also praying that this hacking cough that I have exits soon.
Have a good day!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
- Run by the elementary school to pick up the supplies that I will need for my new job: school scrapbooker. Mrs. Darby gave me a bag of memorabilia from last year and a purchase order to get new supplies for this year. Fun! Bennett acted like a fool while in the office, climbing under chairs and pulling on me while I was talking. On the way to the school Bennett asked if the principal was nice - and I told him that of course Mrs. Darby is nice, but that if you get into trouble you have to go to her office. When I mentioned our conversation to her, she and Bennett had this conversation:
- After explaining to Bennett that he embarrassed me in the school office by acting so crazy, we went to pick up our friends at church to go to Alabama Adventure. After driving the 40 minutes to the park, we drove into the parking lot and I noted something odd. Busses. Cars everywhere. People in the parking lot directing traffic. People EVERYWHERE. The line to get in was backed up into the parking lot. I have never seen it like this. Heather and I made the executive decision to get back into the car and leave. There had to be 1000 people there already and people were still coming in by the bus load. The kids handled it well - we promised the swimming pool and McDonalds. As we left we saw that Raven was going to be in concert tonight. Had to be the reason for the chaos. Wish we would have known that before we went there...
- We drove back (stopped for McD happy meals all around) and went to our pool. Thankfully, it wasn't crowded, we saw some more friends there, had a snack and swam for a good 3 hours. The diving board was the favorite, I think. They were all trying to get to the bottom of the pool like the 'cool big boys' were doing. No success yet :)
- We came home, got in the bath, and now we are chilling with a little Word Girl. Brad is on call, so this will be a very low key night. Ahhhh.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
- Early morning spying trips - I even got to go on one of these adventures!!
- Our new beach umbrella and chairs rocked!! Why didn't we buy those sooner?
- Bennett yelling 'She RUINED our life!!' in response to a bully at the pool :)
- The kids making up new versions of 'Trick-or-treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't...' Their favorite: 'I don't care - I'll make you smell my underwear...'
- Shopping. Shopping. Shopping. New Coach bag with matching wristlet :)
- Great food - ACME, Graffiti's, grilling hamburgers, Mike's gourmet lasagna, lots of desserts... No dieting.
- The kids asking if the Snack Shop was open every 5 minutes - how can they be so hungry?
- Good wine. Lots of good wine.
- Sitting on the beach watching the kids play.
- I got to sleep until 7:30 one day. Heaven.
- Showing Heather how great 'So You Think You Can Dance', 'Project Runway', and Shear Genius' are.
- Creating the Top 10 'Do's' and Top 10 'Don'ts' of beach attire. I'm pretty sure that I would make the 'Don't' list, but I didn't ask...
- And I wish I could forget this - I went out with a bang this morning by falling UP the stairs while we were packing and doing a great deal of damage to my knee. Nice. It did get me out of some luggage-hauling, though... always look on the bright side, right?
Friday, July 18, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Here's Brad and Bennett on what Bennett called the Cobra Twister (it was really called something else, but we couldn't convince him...)
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
How about this guy on 'So You Think You Can Dance'?
I am totally cheering for Twitch (he's from Alabama, you know!!) Do you watch this show?? If not - start now!! It's not too late!! :)
Ok, and one last show that just started a few weeks ago - Shear Genius. It is so good!! Why? I'm not sure - probably because I love to get my haircut (and I love my hairdresser!!) and I can not imagine why in the world any one in their right mind would let those people cut on their hair in those challenges!! What?? No way.
There are others, but they aren't on right now - like Project Runway. Love it. American Idol. Great. The Biggest Loser. Uh huh. I can't wait for those shows to return - not to mention The Office (my all time favorite show EVER!!), Grey's, Private Practice, Desperate Housewives... I wish that I was listing National Geographic shows. Really, I do.
I know that these shows are not making me any smarter - but they sure are good!! :) Oh, and with the DVR, I can get each 1 hour show down to like 34 minutes, so that's good, right??