Monday, December 22, 2008

Pics of the day... days 19-22

Happy December 22!! I'm still playing a little bit of catch up, but only a little bit. For the most part, things are calm and cool :) Here are the pictures that you have been waiting for from Friday through today... enjoy!!

On Friday, the 19th, Bennett got out of school at 1. Nana didn't get out of school until 3, and Bennett has been begging... really, begging... to go to school and see Nana's 'children' since he has started kindergarten. Friday was the perfect day. So, I picked him up from school and we went straight to Nana. You can tell she was very disappointed to have him :) As a matter of fact, she even said to me 'There's no reason for you to come in... you can just drop him off' :)
So, I came straight home and for 8 hours - yes, you read that right - 8 hours, I wrapped presents. While the boys were gone (Brad was on call) I wrapped and watched my 'Office' DVD's. And every present is done. ALL OF THEM!! yeah! Our tree is packed with presents and it is gorgeous :)
Saturday, December 20 I took a picture of our Christmas card display in the kitchen. I saw this a few years ago in a magazine, and I loved it, and it has been mine ever since :) Totally simple - just a length of cute ribbon tied across my kitchen window. The cards are attached by some cute heart and swirl paper clips. I LOVE Christmas cards!! I love getting them every day in the mail and catching up with everyone. And, I look at these cards every day. Makes me so happy!
I also saw this in my bedroom and had to snap a picture. It's not every day that Rudolph and Santa make a visit to me house!! :)
Sunday, Dec 21 - After a great morning at church and a relaxing afternoon of 'Elmo Saves Christmas' (have you seen it? It's great!! Bennett won't admit to liking much about Sesame Street anymore, but this on is a classic for us.) Anyway, after that, we went and had dinner with my dad, Papa, Aunt Cheryl, Tom (I'm not allowed to call him ''uncle'' b/c it makes him feel old, I guess :), cousin Chrystal, Gigi, and Bubba. Good times.

Monday, December 22 - Today we went to see 'Tale of Despereaux'. Cute little movie. I {heart} those little picture kiosks, so here we are...
Tonight Brad and I went to the Church of the Highlands to see their Christmas service. It was great. You should do too. Really, you should.
Tomorrow is a down day - just icing a cake for Christmas Eve and running a few errands (grocery, etc.) Can't wait for Wednesday and Thursday! Merry Christmas!
Amy

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A Highland's Christmas was so great. We went tonight at 8 - did ya'll go at 6 or 8 - either way, sorry I missed you. The Rudolph thing was so cute!! Merry Christmas!