Wednesday, December 17, 2008

busy days... more pictures

WOW! How have things gotten so busy? I was SO supposed to be on top of things this holiday season. I was supposed to not get behind AT ALL. Have everything done ahead of time. Scrapbook with all my free time. Hmm. Somehow that hasn't worked out :)
I'm gettin' there, though. I still have my camera at the ready. And we are having a great time. Please don't look around the house because you will be totally disgusted. You can't see the counter-tops or the table top. But we're having fun!

Ok, here's the picture from Monday, December 15 - We had all of our Christmas cards ready for the mail! This year I ordered cards that required a beautiful ribbon. Indeed, it is pretty, but it took a little bit of time to get it done. Brad helped, though, and now they are on their way to your house! Love them!
In addition to mailing the cards, I also mailed all of our packages on Monday. Ornaments to Jenn and Whit, Aunt Cork's presents, and 2 ebay items that I sold. Apparently, Monday was the busiest day of the season at the Post Office. I wish I would have known that before I went. Oh well. I {heart} the self-serve kiosk at the Post Office. The people behind me didn't love that I had 5 packages and a letter to the IRS, but that's ok. I smiled at them when we left and wished them a very Merry Christmas. And Bennett helped anyone who needed help putting their packages in the package chute. :)

I also went to Bennett's class on Monday morning and helped them make an ornament craft. Fun stuff. I heard that one little girl's daddy used to be a doctor, but now that they have moved he just works on computers. Ok. Then I heard that another little girl's sister got in trouble for jumping on the bed. And a little boy had to go to the hospital for stitches and he got to go in his pajamas. Good stuff... just listening to the stories. I certainly hope that Mrs. M doesn't believe all that Bennett tells her! Yikes!

Tuesday, December 16. On Tuesday I got a massage from Jim at Massage Envy. Awesome. I also went to Costco with Meg. All I got was Cottonelle wipes. Not the normal $350 Costco bill, but that's because Brad cancelled our card. Oh well. I also went to Tori and Gina's ornament swap. As always, it was a great time. Fun games, good food, ornament stealing. Not sure why I don't have a picture of the ornament that I got. It's a good one from Annie Laurie. I'll have to do that tomorrow. I'm giving you a picture of my upstairs balcony. Don't you love this huge ornament? I do. and it's new for this year!

We also found out that Bennett's picture of the manger was on the cover of the Children's bulletin on Sunday in the Contemporary Service. He was so excited and left me the cutest message on my cell phone. He said 'Mommy, My picture made it on to the bulletin, but we missed it! But it is so great! Are you proud of me? I really did it! I hope you believe me. I did it!' So sweet. And I am proud!

Wednesday, December 17 - Today was another busy day! I created a craft for Bennett's Christmas party (tomorrow), then went to Scrap Etc for Creative Cafe. No one came, but they are all probably just as crazy busy as I am. I had a good time, though, talking to Lucy. This afternoon I made these:
Cranberry Caramel bars. They are a tradition, and since I was putting together teacher gifts, I decided I had to have them. They are so good. Thanks, Jenn, for giving me the recipe so many years ago! I think of you each time I make them :)

Tonight was the big Children's Christmas program at church. The kindergarten choir sang, and successfully sang at least 60% of the words, so I guess my director debut will have mixed reviews. They sure were cute, though! :) Here's a pic of Bennett - Brad had the camera and he did a great job! Thanks, honey!

Ok, I know that this is picture #3, but tonight as I was going upstairs to finish wrapping the teacher gifts, I found this in the fire place.

It is a letter to Santa. It says 'Dear Santa the Christmas chree (deciphered as tree) is this way' and there is a big arrow :) I'm so glad that Santa will now know where that big ole tree is :)

I do have to say, that despite all the busy-ness, I am reminded every day of the gift that God gave us when he sent us his baby son to save us. A baby. In a manger. Bennett's title of his drawing for the bulletin was 'A Way in a Manger'. I am struck by how right Bennett is. Not only is He a way, He is THE way. I hope you are enjoying your Christmas season as much as I am!



1 comment:

Just call me "B" said...

Gotta love those kids! That is so cute!