Sunday, October 5, 2008

weekend update

It's been a good weekend... I coached soccer for the first time on Friday night (Brad is the usual coach, but he was stuck at work), I had an impromptu crop here at the house that was SO much fun, Brad got home and got some rest, we went to a birthday party last night for one of Bennett's friends, and today we went to church.  The best part though? Look at this...
That's right... we are SCRAPBOOKING TOGETHER!!! Now, he doesn't use my techniques, or have my 'eye'... shoot, most of the time he doesn't even use pictures :)  But, still, we had so much fun.  Here's one of the things he made:
So sweet.  
Here's what I made this weekend: This one is about the first day of school and Bennett's first breakfast in bed. He drew a picture of it (he has just discovered drawing since school started).  There's some Creative Cafe here, some Heidi Swapp, Jenni Bowlin, and Pink Paislee I think.
This one is about Jack, who we made at out first Build-a-bear experience (the day before school started on our special day out). This is Scenic Route and Sassafrass Lass.
This layout details a little bit of Bennett's OBSESSION with playing pretend. I need to do a whole post on this habit of his... The product here is My Mind's Eye and a Thicker.
This layout is about Bennett's first day as the 'Special Person'. All of the kids drew a picture of him and his teacher made it into a book. We had a great time looking at it over and over. The products used are Pink Paislee, Making Memories, and Thickers.
Finally, here is my hubby's layout. :) I used Hambly and some foam stickers from the dollar section at Target - did you get these stickers when they had them??? They are the best!!
Such a creative weekend! I can't remember the last time I've gotten so much done... now all I want to do is make some more!! :)  

3 comments:

Sherry said...

hey amy!! love those layouts! Your so talented. Thanks again for letting me come over, I had a great time!

And seriously, I am not voting for Obama.

;)

Anonymous said...

great pages Amy! how sweet that your DS is scrapping with you. mine does once in a while and it's funny how they turn out. :)

Just call me "B" said...

Oh my! How cute is that bicycle hambly on that page! I LOVE it!