Monday, October 27, 2008

trunks, treats, shopping & more weekend fun...

What a busy weekend!! And so much fun!  The excitement started on Friday, after mom was the Mystery Reader for Bennett's class.  We met Brad and went to the museum to see DaVinci's sketches.  It seemed like a good idea - and Bennett was excited to see the real pictures by DaVinci (we read about him over the summer) - but it wasn't the most thrilling thing for a 5 year old.  I knew when he threatened me with 'crying really loud' that we were ready to go :)  Really, though, he did make it through, and maybe he will remember a little bit of that touch with greatness...  

On Saturday morning (bright and early) Angie, mom, and I went to Atlanta to shop at the outlets. We had so much fun - and bought quite a bit :) We decided to leave when the back of the van was full.  I meant to take a picture, but I was too excited showing it to Brad and Bennett right when I got home...

I left Brad with a list of tasks... flumist at the flu clinic for Bennett, Halloween Party, Halloween Movie Night. He did make it to all 3, but the camera didn't make it - at least I am needed for something :)

So, Sunday rolled around and Bennett's choir sang (quite well, I might add :) at the early service. After a nice lunch with the family, Bennett and I made foil stars and a poster for our trunk at 'Trunk or Treat' at church.  After going to my last sewing class (I'll show you the pants as soon as I get the cuffs tacked and the hook & eye set), we met back at church and set up our trunk. 

Our theme was outer space...

Bubba came, complete with space-man-meets-motorcyle-uniform. Bennett we thrilled!
Our trunk was next to our friends' and Bennett was so excited to see his little mermaid...
There were several light saber duels...

And tons of time with friends...
Whew! So much fun in just 48 hours... Today was full too. My Bible Study finished our Priscilla Shirer 'Can We Talk' study, I finished a little surprise for my secret pal for Wrapper's Delight, and Bennett got his tip in Tae Kwon Do for his one-touch sparring.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The choir was great b/c of their awesome choir directors!