Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Super-productive day!!

I have to admit that since Bennett has started school, I have found myself in a rut of non-productivity (is that a word??).  I mean, I get some things done - the things that I have to, but not too much extra.  I'm not sure why I've been feeling that way - I certainly have long lists of things to do, but sometimes I just don't get around to it.  Maybe I'm just stuck or feeling lost a bit... 

Things have been looking up for me in the past few weeks - I've taken some pictures for some friends, I've started a sewing class, I've been scrapbooking, and today, well, today I made up for a lot of lost time :)  After working out, I came home and cleaned the garage. I know! The garage. It was bad. Ugh. It's been on the list for a while.  Now it is not perfect - there are still things out of place (but if I have to be honest, a lot of it is Brad's.... just kidding honey!!!) But the dog hair and the little bugs that were all over the place are all vacuumed away. The trash and recyclables that were laying around are out of the house. The give-aways are in a box and the garage sale stuff is together. The swimming stuff is on the shelf. And Brad's collection of things-that-I-don't-want-in-my-car-but-don't-have-time-to-do-anything-with is in 2 piles - clothes and papers.

After I did that, I vacuumed the house, made an appointment for Bennett to get the flu shot, for me to go to the dermatologist, and to have the window and gutter cleaners come out. I returned emails (which has never been an issue for me...), I cleaned up the living room and kitchen, did 3 loads of laundry and had lunch with Meg (another thing that I haven't had a hard time doing since the start of school :) Oh, and my halloween stuff is out.  Love it!!
I think that I'd forgotten what super-productive days can do for me - they make me feel great! These are all things that have been on my 'to do' list for a long time - and now they are officially checked off. Yea!!  

Tonight I went to book club, which is always so much fun. I'm so lucky to have a great group of ladies that I can get together with and share opinions and stories.  

Really, I'm just lucky. Period. Lucky that my husband doesn't complain (not even ONCE) that I haven't been getting too much done. Lucky that my son could care less if the house is clean or if there is room on the coffee table to set a glass as long as I can wield a light saber (even as evil-cleaning-woman, as I was today :) I'm lucky that my mom can come (WANTS to come) and keep Bennett so I can go and do fun things - and they have a great time together. I'm lucky to have a sister that is my best friend. I'm lucky that God has given me friends who support my walk with Him and keep me on track (and help me have fun!).  And the crazy thing is that there's nothing I could ever do to deserve any of it - God blesses me. What a great day :)

2 comments:

Katie Burnett said...

You are AWESOME! Glad you were productive. Love your LO's in your last post too!

Shelley Burkett said...

Love your table setting :)

Miss you :(