Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gimme a B!!

So, it was a big day for another guy in our house!! Bennett got to be the 'Special Person' today at school. He'd been talking about it for about the past week and a half. Every day he'd tell me who was the special person and what he learned about them. And he taught me the special cheer. 

Today they did the cheer for him!!
Gimme a B!.................B
Gimme a E!.................E
Gimme a N!.................N
Gimme a N!.................N
Gimme a E!.................E
Gimme a T!.................T
Gimme a T!.................T
What'da we got?? BENNETT!!
(and then the most important part, apparently)... I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!........ BENNETT!!!!

He was so excited - it was so cute. He said that they asked him what his favorite TV show was. He didn't tell them WordGirl (his obsession) but Rescue Heroes. I asked him why and he said it was a secret. Hmmm.

The cutest thing was that each child in his class drew a picture and Mrs. M put them all together in a book.  Here he is looking at it - he told Brad and I all about each child as we went through the book. Such a neat idea!




What a great day! AND Brad bought me a membership at Massage Envy... I'm calling to make an appointment in the morning!! :)

3 comments:

jmk2 said...

Dear Amy:

We read your blog post and wanted to contact you to ask if you'd be willing to talk more about "WordGirl"? I work with Goodman Media International in New York and we represent WordGirl's producer, Scholastic Media. "WordGirl" season two launches in September and we are seeking parents, willing to talk to the media, who find that the show impacts their kids' vocabulary, reading skills and enthusiasm for words. You can email me at jmkennedy@goodmanmedia.com, or cal l212-576-2700 x 243. I am happy to call you right back if it's long distance. Best to you!

John Michael Kennedy

Anonymous said...

I am envious of the massage envy!!!
Meg

Just call me "B" said...

Amy! I hope you contacted that guy on here. How cool is that?!

Anyways, I am proud of you and your bennett, but I am seriously jealous of Massage Envy.

Everytime I go to Fleet Feet I say I am going to give it a try.

Let me know how you like it!