Friday, August 8, 2008

Day Two Report

I'm happy to report Day 2 of kindergarten was another good day - for both of us! We got up, watched a little Word Girl, had breakfast, got dressed (in another CUTE outfit that I picked out - this one from the Hanna Anderson store that Laci and I found in Houston at the best mall ever... but I digress...).  We got to school and carpool again was very smooth. He jumped out of the car and blew me a kiss as he walked down the sidewalk. 

Yes, he blew me a kiss :) My heart melted a little and I took a snapshot in my mind. I never want to forget that! I know, I know - I should have had my real camera, but a girl can't have her camera every second of the day!!

I did have tears again this morning as I drove away, but this time it wasn't for me. It was for the poor mom in front of me that had to physically remove her kicking-and-screaming little girl from the white mini-van. The child was so distraught that she had to be carried in by a teacher. I can't imagine having that happen - and I said a prayer for that mom. And I praised God that Bennett was so happy to go to school. He's made it easy on me, you know?

This afternoon carpool went good again this afternoon, we relaxed a little before meeting Brad for dinner at Baha Burger. Bennett reported that he got to play on the playground (not the big playground, mommy, another playground) AND had PE. A little boy (no names are given at this point - believe me, I've tried!!) spied with Bennett on the playground. He got spaghetti and tater tots (I like tater tots now, mommy!!) and pears for lunch. He rested but DID NOT go to sleep. A little boy that sits next to him cried during the day because he missed his mommy. Bennett said 'I patted his back while Mrs. M read us a story to help him feel better'.  And, you go to kindergarten for 5 days every week, mommy. I asked him what he thought about going 5 days a week, and he said 'that's good'. So, all in all, kindergarten is a go :)

Now we are tuning in to the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. We are really excited - Bennett's going to go to the Olympics in Tae Kwon Do. That's what he told us :) I hope he does!!


No comments: