Saturday, August 2, 2008

checking in


Guess what time it is? It's time to register for the Giggles and Grace consignment sale at our church!!  This will be our 3rd sale at Asbury - and it is sure to the best one yet!!  You can check it out here Giggles and Grace. When you consign, you earn 75% of the sales price, which is one of the best deals going around here. And, all of the proceeds go to our children's ministries and to missions, which is a double bonus!  And, while you are signing up to consign all of those things that you kids have outgrown but that someone else will just love, be sure to volunteer. You'll get to shop early - plus you'll have a really great time! I promise.

The sale dates are September 12-13, but it's not too early to sign up and start getting your items ready for the sale.  The website went live yesterday and the response has already been great. Wow!  There are a lot of people already signed up!  I'll be at the check out for the whole sale, so be sure to say hi to me when you pass through :)

The weekend is off to good start. I got to scrapbook last night and got my digital album from CKU Houston completed. I just have a upload it to Shutterfly and get it sent to me. Can't wait to really hold it!  The digital stuff is cool, but there sure is something great about adhesive, chipboard, and ink you know?   I think a hybrid approach is best for me... a little computer mixed with a lot of scrappy product :)

Scrap Etc. is moving and today is the last day of their big 50% off sale. I'm being pulled to go there - like some invisible force telling me to go there and spend more money. I'm trying to resist, but I might not be strong enough. Last night Laci was telling me all that she got when she went, and I'm thinking that I need to get in on those albums. And maybe some stamps. Maybe some more Thickers. You can never have enough Thickers. Do you even know what Thickers are? If not, you need to scrapbook :)

Well, the boys should be back in a minute from Tae Kwon Do, and I'm supposed to be cleaning the house to get ready for some company we are having for dinner tonight. Better at least look busy when they get here! 

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shelley Burkett said...

Girl, I got FOUR AC albums yesterday. The cordeuroy (I totally don't know how to spell that word - this may be the first time I've EVER written it in 37 years.....) ones in 8x8 and 6x12. Nice.

And I got some Sassafras Lass kits and more slick writers. I was hoping they still had some of those MM baby embellishment kits since I'm pregnant and all.....

I need to come to the consignment sale and SHOP since I have no baby stuff anymore. Remind me.....

Anonymous said...

Love Love Love your album. Did you get any more thickers? A friend just emailed and asked for two of those baby books for her sister...she wants to pay me. What do you think?

Laci